Technical WARNING-strongflex bushes

Currently reading:
Technical WARNING-strongflex bushes

dac69er

Established member
just a warning for people to watch out on the strongflex ARB bushes, specifically the brackets. please give them a check over if you have these bushes installed.

https://www.strongflex.eu/en/fiat-c...ush-kit-polyurethane-sport-5902553519211.html

i had one that connects to the lower suspension arm snap off on me the other day!

i checked the strongflex site and supposedly they have a lifetime warranty. it didn't specify if it was just the bushes themselves or the entire contents of the kit. emailed them and got no reply :(

fortunately, i work in engineering so fabricated a replacement out of some galvanised steel sheet.

pic.jpg

after inspecting the side that didn't snap, it is perfectly fine. i am not sure what has caused the one that went to fail?
looking at the snapped parts, only a small section was bright steel, the rest had rust on it indicating it had been cracked for some time.
to be fair, the kit is 5.5 years old. but i did remove the brackets last year when i changed the arms and there was no issues then.

worth giving them a look if you have one of these kits (y)

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Back