General Strongflex

Currently reading:
General Strongflex

I mounted just 2 engine mounts, the center mount (which is the round one and required 2 inserts) and the strange shaped one for the gearbox.
I tigersealed the cambelt side one, because there is no insert for available.
Remember, as ycming said, cinq has a different one (gearboxside). ;)

@ Todger182 :

How is your suspension/stabilizer/wishbone insert-kit going? noticed any difference? Worth the money?

I'll let you know when the car is back on it's wheels next month :D.

I have the sport kit.

They are very tight fit and very stiff to move by hand once all fitted onto the car. Rear arms and very stiff and the wishbones aren't easier. I think they will be worth it (y).

Can still fit them they same way as you can with the powerlfex, just a bit harder.

I think the car is going to stick :D.

Thanks

I've used strongflex for my ARB & am quite happy with them - having seen this thread I've now ordered the yellow mount inserts too as I'll hopefully be swapping my gearbox when I get my Quaife diff sorted ready to fit :slayer:

Just ordered all new Nuts, Bolts and arb brackets from Fiat for the four wishbone revamp. Probably gonna be near £100 when they arrive. :eek::eek:

Would have liked to use stainless set screws but I don't think they'd be strong enough as main arm bolts?

Just ordered all new Nuts, Bolts and arb brackets from Fiat for the four wishbone revamp. Probably gonna be near £100 when they arrive. :eek::eek:

Would have liked to use stainless set screws but I don't think they'd be strong enough as main arm bolts?

To be honest, the fiat bolts/nuts ain't that bad at all. They rust slighlty only at the service but they don't snap :) so is all good

Ming

Mounts ordered.

Funny you should say say something about the group buy thing.

I had a word with mike a gazzella racing and I mentioned to him about strong flex and their fast delivery and good products. He was going to ring them up and ask if they would be interested in using him as a UK supplier.

He has a problem with powerflex due to them only making the bushes ordered so it takes ages for him to receive and send back out. It seems that strongflex make more than only one set if ordered, rather than powerlfex just making whats needed resulting in customers having to wait (add in to the fact you get more for your money with strongflex and are cheaper, possibly due to more being made at once).

I don't know what came of it but he was very thankful for me mentioning them.

Thanks

Got my mounts already (well at the post office anyway), bloody quick this time.

I think they are getting used to us already.

I'll let you know how fitting goes, as I need to figure out how my rear mount comes apart. I think this one may be riveted together (n). May have to re-use my original mount as that is still standard fiat part but the rubber inside has split :bang:.

Thanks

The kit arrived today. 30min later and the front arms were done.
Still waiting for more brackets from Fiat, But here's my bits so far.

Don't you just love new and shiney bits?

Last edited:
Back