Tuning Strongflex bushes

Currently reading:
Tuning Strongflex bushes

Hi,

Few questions about the Polish Strongflex engine mounts.

Anyone know what the difference is between:

http://www.strongflex.eu/en/fiat-ci...tor-mount-inserts-timing-gear-side-sport.html

and...

http://www.strongflex.eu/en/fiat-ci...tor-mount-inserts-timing-gear-side-sport.html

Says something about old and new type? Am I right in saying that this type completely replace the original rubber in the engine mount?

And what's the difference between:

http://www.strongflex.eu/en/fiat-cinquecento-91-98/621-061522a-motor-mount-inserts-sport.html

and....

http://www.strongflex.eu/en/fiat-cinquecento-91-98/131-061242a-engine-mount-inserts-sport.html

I know this type sit inside the rubber mounts.

The car currently has Tigersealed mounts but they need changing very soon!! I'm expecting these yellow Superflex to be stiff but how stiff are they? Surely it won't affect the ride like the shocks and springs?? The car is primarily a road car but might be venturing out on track in the not to distant future.

Duncan, i have recently replaced the engine mount ( timing side ) with a strongflex yellow. Plus side is you can feel the difference in the tightness ( bearing in mind the rest of the car runs standard suspension etc ) but on the downside, the vibration that now comes through the car is untrue, fine on a race car, but this is a daily smoke about for me.

Think I will go with the yellows, it's gonna be driven pretty hard so I'll put up with a bit of added vibration. Gotta be better than the tigerseal mounts!

Any idea on which mounts I'll need? What's the new/old type all about?

To be honest i don't think there would be much difference between the red and yellow ones, anything tougher than the standard ones will give you vibrations back through the car, so the way i seen it is, if its going to vibrate anyway, might aswell go the whole way and buy the strongest ones. I have the yellow ones fitted and for the first few days it felt weird but you get used to it and my car is my daily driver, or was until this problem im having with it. If your going to buy the yellow ones for the anti roll bar make sure you grease them up well, mine screech over every little hole and speed bump and sounds awfull.

I have the 2 side reds fitted and a standard rear (on a Sei). This seems a good compromise for stiffness and vibration. I tried fitting the rear too and it was so bad I would rather walk than drive it. It actually vibrated enough to make things come loose...

I have the 2 side reds fitted and a standard rear (on a Sei). This seems a good compromise for stiffness and vibration. I tried fitting the rear too and it was so bad I would rather walk than drive it. It actually vibrated enough to make things come loose...

Think I might go that route as well. The interior rattles enough on a Cinq anyway!

Just ordered this setup, got a brand new standard rear mount as well.

Thanks for everyones input and help (y) let you know how I get on once they arrive.

I have just the red one on the timing side and the extra vibration is not altogether pleasant. I have the gearbox side insert too but wont be fitting it till the original one cries enough

I use the car as a bit of a toy so its not the end of the world but when other people get in the car they always comment. To be fair to them it is a bit like being a tumble dryer.

I may well go back to standard one day but my oe one was knackered and strongflex worked out much cheaper.

I have just the red one on the timing side and the extra vibration is not altogether pleasant. I have the gearbox side insert too but wont be fitting it till the original one cries enough

I use the car as a bit of a toy so its not the end of the world but when other people get in the car they always comment. To be fair to them it is a bit like being a tumble dryer.

I may well go back to standard one day but my oe one was knackered and strongflex worked out much cheaper.

I second that, i also have the gearbox front insert and rear insert, all yellow.

The worst part is when taking off, apart from that it isn't too bad ?

Ming

Isn't that like defeating the object of fitting these Bushes? Your buying them to stiffen everything up and your putting them in a used and worn bush :confused:

Probably right! I have heard of people refreshing old mounts with the inserts though, might be worth a shot.

Not the end of the world I have to purchase a new nice quiet stock one :)

Back