Technical rear trailing arm bushes?

Currently reading:
Technical rear trailing arm bushes?

dac69er

Established member
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I've used Powerflex on the Rallycinq and they have stood up well.

You have been tightening them up on the level, not while still in the air?

D

indeed. I do that with all suspension bushes as a matter of course!

do you need to remove the complete bush to fit the powerflex ones or do you keep the originals metal casings and put the powerflex ones inside?

indeed. I do that with all suspension bushes as a matter of course!

do you need to remove the complete bush to fit the powerflex ones or do you keep the originals metal casings and put the powerflex ones inside?

Whole lot has to come out.

D

Same with the Strongflex ones.

Think I will just order the powerflex ones. At least removing them in future is easy as they aren't pressed in like the stock ones!

something else i have just noticed.

fitment of stock bushes is with the flanged end facing inwards, but the pic on the powerflex site seems to show the flanged ends facing outwards?

whats the concensus on the way to fit these?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 132
  • resize_image.php.jpg
    resize_image.php.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 66
something else i have just noticed.

fitment of stock bushes is with the flanged end facing inwards, but the pic on the powerflex site seems to show the flanged ends facing outwards?

whats the concensus on the way to fit these?

Emailed powerflex and they confirmed they should be fitted as per stock bushes and will ammend their diagram

£80 later and a lot of arse ache removing the old bushes and it's no different. Still rattles around at the rear ☹

There didn't appear to be any issues with the old bushes either.

Dampers have been replaced.

I don't know what else it could be!?

Hi,
Had a similar problem with one of my sons old seicento's. The rattle was something to do with the rear seat. Sorry can't remember exactly what it was but it was something simple.
Good luck

Thanks for the suggestion but the rear is completely stripped out so wouldn't be that.

It sounds exactly the same as when I had a bush go 6 months or so ago.

Back