Technical Strong flex v power flex v stnd trailing arm bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Strong flex v power flex v stnd trailing arm bushes

h2ypr

500 + 600
Hi guys.

Tried to use the search function as best as I can but struggling to actually see any differences laid out.

Basically I’m due to change the tank and the suspension so thinking of doing the rear trailing arm bushes at the same time. DIY mechanic so I had read that the stnd bushes need to be pressed in.

So I read that the aftermarket ones don’t? So should I be able to remove the old ones at the house? How easy to fit the new ones?

I have the choice then between stronglex and power flex - strongflex are cheaper - any disadvantage? All I’m looking for is to refresh them, any performance difference won’t be important to me.

Also any guides/hints/tips?

Thanks guys.

IMO removing the old bushes is harder than fitting new. i would say it is best to press them out/in, but you could to it by burning the rubber bush out and then cutting the outer casing with a hacksaw to remove.

i have found that aftermarket rubber bushes dont tend to last very long either. perhaps it depends on the brand but i got sick of replacing them and just went with powerflex.

i was tempted by the strongflex ones, but paid an extra few £££ for the powerflex as they are superior quality and i hope to not touch them again for a long while, but if i do, at least they should be a bit easier to swap over.

Last edited:
IMO removing the old bushes is harder than fitting new. i would say it is best to press them out/in, but you could to it by burning the rubber bush out and then cutting the outer casing with a hacksaw to remove.

i have found that aftermarket rubber bushes dont tend to last very long either. perhaps it depends on the brand but i got sick of replacing them and just went with powerflex.

i was tempted by the strongflex ones, but paid an extra few £££ for the powerflex as they are superior quality and i hope to not touch them again for a long while, but if i do, at least they should be a bit easier to swap over.

I’ve actually been offered trailing arms with power flex already fitted so should be easier as it’s now a straight swap!

I had read similar reviews saying that aftermarket stnd type bushes were failing quickly, so was always going down the updated option.

Back