Stopping taggers / graffiti

Currently reading:
Stopping taggers / graffiti

We've had our company defaced recently by (I guess the correct term is) taggers.

I don't mind graffiti, infact I didn't want to use the term graffiti artist, because some people that do it really are talented and I do like some of the more 'artistic' graffiti

The problem I have is the little pricks that just spray a tag. Now we have the front of our building looking crap and we will have to pay loads to get it removed and I know it will be done again.

So, as I'm sure there must be a few of those untalented oinks on here that think that spraying an illegible squiggle is really a good way of them expressing themselves :bang: how do I stop them?

One suggestion is to play music near the wall at night, but I can't see us doing that.

I heard that high pitched noise also deters them, so any links to the sort of thing I can buy?

Or how about a sign made up saying 'All taggers are gay' or 'Please, if you are going to tag our building, do something decent', or 'Shouldn't you be at home this late on a school night?'

I know this must sound like I'm showing my age, but I would just love to find where they live and do the same to the front of their (or their Mums) house.

We've had our company defaced recently by (I guess the correct term is) taggers.

I don't mind graffiti, infact I didn't want to use the term graffiti artist, because some people that do it really are talented and I do like some of the more 'artistic' graffiti

The problem I have is the little pricks that just spray a tag. Now we have the front of our building looking crap and we will have to pay loads to get it removed and I know it will be done again.

So, as I'm sure there must be a few of those untalented oinks on here that think that spraying an illegible squiggle is really a good way of them expressing themselves :bang: how do I stop them?

One suggestion is to play music near the wall at night, but I can't see us doing that.

I heard that high pitched noise also deters them, so any links to the sort of thing I can buy?

Or how about a sign made up saying 'All taggers are gay' or 'Please, if you are going to tag our building, do something decent', or 'Shouldn't you be at home this late on a school night?'

I know this must sound like I'm showing my age, but I would just love to find where they live and do the same to the front of their (or their Mums) house.

you need some fit bird to be on guard, then when they approach she can flop her baps out. the taggers we be in awe and crumble into dust

fact :)

you need some fit bird to be on guard, then when they approach she can flop her baps out. the taggers we be in awe and crumble into dust

fact :)

Sod the taggers, if I could get a bird like that they can do what the hell they like to our building :D

Ninja59, great suggestion with that name, 20 seconds on google bought up this...

http://www.mosquito-ni.com/accessories.html

Pricey, but I would rather spend the cash on that than the clean up every time.

Sod the taggers, if I could get a bird like that they can do what the hell they like to our building :D

Ninja59, great suggestion with that name, 20 seconds on google bought up this...

http://www.mosquito-ni.com/accessories.html

Pricey, but I would rather spend the cash on that than the clean up every time.

they have one of them in MK! right in the center, its soo bloody hard to shop with one of them in your ear!

I'm now seriously tempted to get one of our electricians to make one. A PIR sensor, timer (so its not on during the day) and an (i guess) ultrasonic emitter.

Although that paintball gun looks good fun

they have one of them in MK! right in the center, its soo bloody hard to shop with one of them in your ear!

there was some do gooders talking about these things committing an assault or distress to the little hooded bastids, the same way the law can do you for having your stereo on too loud and upsetting someone they were talking about a test case but dont know if it happened....

People used to do this at school. so they donated a space of a wall to keep them happy. not quite appropriate to you though. Is it a shutter door they do it to or a wall?

We've had sensors fitted at work that beep when someone/something goes through it, we've been told they can be set to trigger the alarm if we want too. not got cctv no?

We a huge long brick wall along the front of our factory, looked quite nice, as far as walls go :D and yeah we have a good cctv system, but its too late then. no faces seen anyway.

We will clean it up after x-mas and I am really tempted to get a PIR beeper or high frequency alarm made up

Can you get someone talented to spray the entire wall, maybe with a theme related to your product ? Even if these 'taggers' don't respect decent artwork, at least their scribbles will be less noticeable.

Putting a sign up will probably encourage them.

Paint the wall.....

If they tag it again, paint over it immediately.

Cleaning a tagged wall must be a whole lot more expensive than slapping another coat of paint on.

Taggers won't bother if they know their tags won't get exposure.

Attachments

• met%20chav%20kill.jpg
    met%20chav%20kill.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 14
I see some of the 'civil liberty' points. But the wall that was defaced is away from any public access, they have trespassed over our land. So therefore, they are in the wrong already. And if we get a mosquito type thing then it can be set to only come on after all employees have left. So it would only affect people directly at the wall at night, ie when the little scrotes shouldn't even be there.

I am really looking forward to trying to make one of these. The proper ones are £500 ish, so I am trying to make one for under £50. Should be simple enough.

I remember our physics teacher doing a similar experiment at school, he had a frequency generator and made us all put our hands up until we couldn't hear the sound as he altered the frequency. He couldn't hear any noise at all

I see some of the 'civil liberty' points. But the wall that was defaced is away from any public access, they have trespassed over our land. So therefore, they are in the wrong already. And if we get a mosquito type thing then it can be set to only come on after all employees have left. So it would only affect people directly at the wall at night, ie when the little scrotes shouldn't even be there.

I am really looking forward to trying to make one of these. The proper ones are £500 ish, so I am trying to make one for under £50. Should be simple enough.

I remember our physics teacher doing a similar experiment at school, he had a frequency generator and made us all put our hands up until we couldn't hear the sound as he altered the frequency. He couldn't hear any noise at all

shouldn't be too hard to make i'd use a Milar speaker (or waterproof bull horn) at least it'll last outside then

Back