Technical Steering wheel adapter for aftermarket stereo

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel adapter for aftermarket stereo

Is there a fascia adaptor available? Having said that, any aftermarket stereo is going to look crap especially with ivory ambience!
I don't quite see why you'd want an aftermarket stereo if you've got B&M. B&M isn't perfect by any means but it's decent enough.

Hey

The change is only for better sound quality. An aftermarket headunit will sound much better sound than the stock unit. I do not mean huge sub boxes in the boot, but a high quality headunit, a decent amp and nice set of components in the front doors :)

It is something I do to all my cars, if the option is available.

Hey

The change is only for better sound quality. An aftermarket headunit will sound much better sound than the stock unit. I do not mean huge sub boxes in the boot, but a high quality headunit, a decent amp and nice set of components in the front doors :)

It is something I do to all my cars, if the option is available.
Why not just get interscope originally?

Thats not my car dude, but I will be going down the same, but not quite so extreame path.

I suppose it is the same with all things in life, people spend thousands on Tv's, cars, gadgets etc .

Thats not my car dude, but I will be going down the same, but not quite so extreame path.

I suppose it is the same with all things in life, people spend thousands on Tv's, cars, gadgets etc .
Ah fair enough :)

I don't spend loads of money on gadgets, tv's etc etc though. I might drop a grand every 2 or 3 years for a new PC but other than that I don't buy needless crap :)

I have not done this on a 500 but I have used the converters for other cars and this has allowed the steering wheel controls to work with an aftermarket head unit. Typically this causes any secondary display i,.e. the display on the centre console to stop working. In the 500's case it will probably knock out your Blue & Me features. Some would consider the above two issues show-stoppers. Others wouldn't care - or would prefer the better sound from a good quality after market head unit.

You can also get fascias - that match either the black or ivory interiors. Take a look at the following thread - it shows some examples

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/182557-speakers-head-unit.html

A lot of people like the Interscope, but this is a factory fit option and can not be retro-fitted. So this is only an option for new builds. The interscope seems to provide a "lite" version of what you are going for.

Please let us know how you get along- and any pictures.

Good luck

Back