Technical Steering problem

Currently reading:
Technical Steering problem

This morning on my way to work, as I was driving at one moment steering lamp went on and the steering wheel became hard to turn (as servo isn't working, like when engine not running). I kept on driving till I found a spot to stop, didn't wanna cause traffic jam...turned the engine off then on and everything was fine.

Since I don't want this to happen again, especialy when hitting hard on corners, what should I check? I will take it to computer analysis these days for other problem I have (idle speed caugh every 5 seconds) so I'll check if it throwed any alarms.

Oh, yeah, mk2 sporting

OK, read some threads and got to conclussion that this is another regular Fiat flow...
After clutch, overheating, ABS kicks hard sometimes, now steering as ussual problem? WTF!!!

Are there any essentials that Fiat didnt **** up?

yeah I'll tell you what I'm gonna check out, gonna check out car market this sunday and see how much many can I get for this Punto, cause I see all flaws are acctually essential (steering, brakes, engine, coolant)

Good luck Oktopod, hope you get a car that you obviously deserve(y)
Didn't quite understand this one....

I'm angry cause all the faults are the most important ones, who gives a damn that a chick turns her head at my Punto if maybe I'm gonna hit her cause steering has gone because of connector problem... in 21st century

Sorry you dont understand a common phrase. I just wanted to wish you luck at the car market tomorrow.

No I'm sorry for thinkin you were sarcastic... :D

It's just that I got into an argument with some members here, and I still see that only moderators and mechanics never had problems we all had with our Fiat's, judging by other posts. That's why I'm a bit edgy. (y)

I still see that only moderators and mechanics never had problems we all had with our Fiat's, judging by other posts. That's why I'm a bit edgy. (y)

but people only post here when they have a falut/problem.....what about the 100,000+ owners who are happy:)

(p.s. never had problem with my punto except wiper linkage & I dont take care of my cars:eek: )

wiper linkage...another sticky :D

OK guys, don't get me wrong, but I drove a plenty of cars and trucks, never been much of a mechanic, but I know some stuff and I know that this Fiat of mine is a best buy.
By that I mean you get allot for the money, but all the wrong things if you ask me...design and stuff that's what you get. Apart that, car feels like a great bicycle.

wiper linkage...another sticky :D

I got spare linkages just incase:D

OK guys, don't get me wrong, but I drove a plenty of cars and trucks, never been much of a mechanic, but I know some stuff and I know that this Fiat of mine is a best buy.
By that I mean you get allot for the money, but all the wrong things if you ask me...design and stuff that's what you get. Apart that, car feels like a great bicycle.

....but if you get it checked & it turns out to be battery problem/VSS problem you will be happy then:)

from sticky I saw that it's the battery then...but how can the battery have anything to do when the engine is on, and the alternator is providing curent?

Back