Technical Steering problem

Currently reading:
Technical Steering problem

I know it's the best thing, read em codes :D
But I'm short short on cash now, just got it from garage, had to change clutch cylinder...
off topic, I didnt know there were two clutch cylinders, where is the other one :D

one on the end of your left foot
one on the cog box

well if fault's are happening with steering the only realistic thing you can try is a new battery

if it still perists it's going to be a dealer visit again and depending what the fault is it may get expensive

just pray you don't' have torque position sensor fauts

Thanx, hope it's nothing expencive, cause it's one problem after another (nothin expencive so far dough, and I was expecting this from an second hand vehicle)

Still don't get it how battery has anything to do with anything electric, cause once you turn on the engine, it stops providing curent to the electrics...

Maybe I haven't said the most important...feel stupid now...the city mode was on for last few days, wanted to fully feel the difference, driven by some posts here, could this be the case, over doing with it? plus it was a cold and wet morning, that's why I thought of vss...
I've turned off city mode when this happened, and it never happened again, hopefully never again :D

city only operates below 40k and will have nothing to do with it

if the light comes on right after you start the the car this is normally due to low battery voltage

the steering ecu starts the moment you turn the key on but if you crank and the battery voltage drops bellow a set threshold within the ecu it will record a fault and bring on the light

As I said it happened while moving, 15mins after turning egnition in...
Let's wait for me to get them codes read, just dont have the money now, and this is a life threathning problem :mad:

As I said it happened while moving, 15mins after turning egnition in...
Let's wait for me to get them codes read, just dont have the money now, and this is a life threathning problem :mad:

actually the steering on these is not that heavy

I have driven one down a mountain road with the ignition off to save on fuel as i was getting dangerously low without a fuel station near

actually the steering on these is not that heavy

I have driven one down a mountain road with the ignition off to save on fuel as i was getting dangerously low without a fuel station near
Well, it's not that it's very heavy, it's that you don't know when will it happen, it may happen in a tight corner plus your foot was on the accelerator maybe :D Golf 2 is much lighter dough...

Local maestres can't read steering alarms, cause theyre not memorised on the main CPU, I think I should measure voltage commin' out of the alternator, it should be 12,8-13,2 V .... I think.... Let me just get my hands on voltmeter :D

Back