Technical Starting problem overnight

Currently reading:
Technical Starting problem overnight

Flock

Hi All, I'm relative new to the oldtimer scene but slowly getting a hang of it. My first purchase was a 500f with 126 engine. Ran beautifully but had to buy a new carb because the old one was leak. I lacked the skills to refurbush it myself and calculated that buying a new one was cheaper than having the old one refurbished (which was a wise decision since the old one turned out to be non-fixable.)
Anyways...after getting the new card fixed the car again runs beautifully with only one problem i didn't have before. First start every time is a pain in the ass. Choke or no choke...their seems to be no fuel in the carb and it needs to fill up. After about 7 / 8 start attemps it starts and rest of the day it starts on first try. So it only occurs on the first start of the day. Old an new carb are Weber Imb28

Any ideas?

How long between starting. How many days? The fuel drains from the carb (gravity) and as the fuel pump is mechanical, only operates when the engine is turning over. So will take a while to pump the fuel up to the carb. This is normal behavior.

Not sure what the minimum of hours is, but lets say at least 12 hours. I did not have this issue with my previous (same type) carb, so was wondering if it was just a setting, common mistake or some other simple solution. So the leakage plate, all gaskets and the carb itself were replaced.

Back