Technical Started Punto and flame came out of engine then smoke

Currently reading:
Technical Started Punto and flame came out of engine then smoke

adamh

Hi all,

Was wondering if you could help?

After getting some food in a petrol station, I jumped into my N reg Punto and started it - it didnt start. Then I tried again and there was a little bang and a flame came out the engine followed by quite a bit of smoke. So was bit panicked. My other half says I start it too quick and this floods the engine but I don't see that I'm starting it any differently to before. It has just had its MOT but previously had a problem with getting very hot on the temp gage even with water and all checked.

Does anyone know what the likely cause of the flame and smoke coming out? I waited for a bit and then managed to start it eventually. I'm just a bit worried that it could suddenly explode... bit drammatic I know but could this happen?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Yeah I manged to get it to start and just tried it again and it seems ok. Just a bit worried that it could do it again and catch fire... Am i being overdramatic or is this a good possibility?

Thanks for your reply!!

Next time if it doesnt start first time give it a couple of mins before you try again. Make sure all servicing is up to date if not it could be a fault starting to show up., like plugs/air filter etc. Good luck with it m8.:)

I will do - thanks very much for your help mate.

Gonna jump in it now - just hope its starts ok!!!!

Back