Technical Punto hgt engine looks dead

Currently reading:
Technical Punto hgt engine looks dead

deafmazter

Dear members,

I am facing a problem, my sister's punto hgt won't start anymore. This is my 3rd hgt, have had one myself for 3 years. Now I am stuck with the following:

Today I changed the oil and replaced the valve cover gasket, it needed replacing. After replacing this, the car ran for another hour (engine on). Now at the end of the day I wanted to take the car, to leave and you guessed it the car didn't start anymore. To my surprise the plastic plug of the injector had broken off, after this discovery I tried to read out the car but this is no longer possible. The ecu does not make contact with multi ecu scan (MES), tried it on my own hgt and here it works just fine, so it is not because of MES.

So I can't read the car, and it won't start. Anyone an idea if this is related or is this another typical italian electrical problem.... Because in my eyes the car should start, even if 1 injector is broken, then it runs on 3 cylinders, so to speak, but it doesn't do this either.

I would like to hear your ideas, when the weather is dry I will check if the spark plugs are wet and if they spark. Thanks in advance for the effort
IMG_7702.jpeg
5A54B6C9-A64A-4053-8ACA-61A13C104414.jpeg

Any chance the broken connector shorted and blew fuse?
Also the usually earthing point issues for ECU etc. would need checking.
If you have the pin out details of the OBD port you can check power and earthing for ECU using a multimeter, I use a break out box for safety.;)

Any chance the broken connector shorted and blew fuse?
Also the usually earthing point issues for ECU etc. would need checking.
If you have the pin out details of the OBD port you can check power and earthing for ECU using a multimeter, I use a break out box for safety.;)
I have checked the fuses already, looks al fine. Those other two suggestions are good! Will look for it, but remove the ecu with the engine in the car is not that simple for a 1.8 16v vfd :(

I have checked the fuses already, looks al fine. Those other two suggestions are good! Will look for it, but remove the ecu with the engine in the car is not that simple for a 1.8 16v vfd :(
Can you read ECU power and earth via OBD port and leave ECU in place on that model?
I was able to do that via a break out box plugged into OBD port

Can you read ECU power and earth via OBD port and leave ECU in place on that model?
I was able to do that via a break out box plugged into OBD port
Gonna look for it, but it’s hard to find some electrical schedules for the hgt:(

Don't know if this photo very clear of my break out box , but it shows where the pin outs are when plugged into a OBD port which I assume your MES uses?
Hi lad,
The problem is solved. Some bad earth points, typical fiat. Engine runs on 3 cil now, so gonna buy 4 new injections. Thanks for thinking with me:))

Back