Technical Speedo fascia Help!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Speedo fascia Help!!!

Stilo Rick

New and bemused
I have just spent half the other day trying to figure out how to seperate the plastic perspex that covers the speedometer from the clock housing as im looking to inset a aluminum fascia on the surround around the dials. After chipping the corner of the perpex, cutting my hands and a few swear words later i still am no futher forward, does any one know how this can be done or even if at all, can it be done? :cry:

I think (not 100% certain) that it's a all-in-one unit,alot of clusters these days require you to drill out/off 'lugs' to get the front cover off...got one in my toolbox so if I remember(highly unlikely:rolleyes: )I'll look tomorrow(y)

Not sure bout thet. Santa had his speedo facia changed for some white dials and though he had it done by a mechanic i'm sure he would have said something if he had had to drill the damn thing.
That said, if you can't figure out how to get it open it can't be anything obvious. Maybe Santa can give us a hand??

I would love to give a hand, but you are right Stilo Multijet 140bhp, i had a mechanic do it and he didn't say anything about drilling.
He actually said it was quite easy (meaning it could have been a lot harder), it took him about 1½ hours, but he suspects he can do it in 1 hour, now that he knows how to do it on a Stilo.

Thank people! the car is heading in for a service tomorrow so ill ask a mechanic see if he can help me out. Think the back section of the dial come off via clips however by reading up on this i think the mechanic is going to have to saw (using a saw for minitue models) the glueline (if one) between the perspex and the housing insert the fascia and glue it back ... good luck to him!! Anyhow thanks for the help!(y)

T14086 said:
I think (not 100% certain) that it's a all-in-one unit,alot of clusters these days require you to drill out/off 'lugs' to get the front cover off...got one in my toolbox so if I remember(highly unlikely:rolleyes: )I'll look tomorrow(y)

Bugger....forgot,i'll check tomorrow:eek:

Back