General Help

Currently reading:
General Help

Scottpage1

Hi does anyone know where this goes please. Car now won’t start and turbo lost power one end goes to turbo and I don’t know this one they are both attached to the little blue thing in front of the bit. I’m holding in the photo. My car is a JTD Steelo 04 reg any help would be grateful. Thank you. IMG_0803.jpeg

Hi :)

You mean that metal tube in your hand...

And the Box fixed to the battery tray..that the blue Electrical Connection is pushed into

Maybe Boost Controller.. ?

sorry.. never worked on a stilo.. they were not sold in my location back then

Odd that it wont start though.. definitely running fuel pump..and NOT IMMOBILISED ?

Hi :)

You mean that metal tube in your hand...

And the Box fixed to the battery tray..that the blue Electrical Connection is pushed into

Maybe Boost Controller.. ?

sorry.. never worked on a stilo.. they were not sold in my location back then

Odd that it wont start though.. definitely running fuel pump..and NOT IMMOBILISED ?
Hi
Definitely not immobilised. I was driving noticed a bit of smoke from engine then it started overheating. Left it at work as all day checked oil and water and all was fine drove home no power to turbo turned it of a the lights and never started again. Lol
One of the pipe gos to the turbo and this one I don’t now.

Sorry, not familiar with the diesels but that's a relatively inflexible vacuum line - sort of thing which would supply vacuum to the servo on a petrol engine'd version. Because it's relatively inflexible the options as to where it plugs in are going to be quite limited I think if you just move it about a bit without bending or kinking it - it won't like that - it should be fairly obvious where it goes?

Does anyone know where this goes on a Fiat Stilo JTD? One end goes into the turbo and the other end. I don’t know I’ve lost a power to my turbo in the car won’t start any ideas

Does anyone know where this goes on a Fiat Stilo JTD? One end goes into the turbo and the other end. I don’t know I’ve lost a power to my turbo in the car won’t start any ideas

What engine is it? My 1.9 JTD (115bhp) looks quite different to that - more like the diagram Davren posted above, in post #6.

Anyhow, it is likely to be the hose that goes from the turbo boost actuator valve to the turbo boost actuator electro-valve. The electro-valve is a motor that spins up when you need boost. It generates a vacuum in the actuator, which pulls a rod that rotates the turbo-charger vanes and alters the pitch, which adjusts the boost it creates.

Your electro-valve could be the black box with the blue connector on it (the equivalent of part #1 in the diagram above). There must be a hole that will receive the pipe - probably underneath - so you'll have to get that box off the battery case and have a look. It could/should be held in with a some kind of collar and nut by the looks of it (the one on mine, as above is just a regular hose end, clamped on with a hose clamp). Your nut might have dropped out and the pipe has obviously fallen out as a result.... but I'm not familiar with how this hose end is attached.

I'm not sure why that would stop the car starting.. usually a duff actuator or electro-valve just makes the engine smokey... but anyhow, re-fit the pipe and take it from there.

Ralf S.

What engine is it? My 1.9 JTD (115bhp) looks quite different to that - more like the diagram Davren posted above, in post #6.

Anyhow, it is likely to be the hose that goes from the turbo boost actuator valve to the turbo boost actuator electro-valve. The electro-valve is a motor that spins up when you need boost. It generates a vacuum in the actuator, which pulls a rod that rotates the turbo-charger vanes and alters the pitch, which adjusts the boost it creates.

Your electro-valve could be the black box with the blue connector on it (the equivalent of part #1 in the diagram above). There must be a hole that will receive the pipe - probably underneath - so you'll have to get that box off the battery case and have a look. It could/should be held in with a some kind of collar and nut by the looks of it (the one on mine, as above is just a regular hose end, clamped on with a hose clamp). Your nut might have dropped out and the pipe has obviously fallen out as a result.... but I'm not familiar with how this hose end is attached.

I'm not sure why that would stop the car starting.. usually a duff actuator or electro-valve just makes the engine smokey... but anyhow, re-fit the pipe and take it from there.

Ralf S.
Thanks for the information mate much appreciated. My car is a JTD 1.9 115.

I thought so.. the airbox pipework and the camshaft end plate look the same as on mine.

It could be that the electro-valve has been moved to the side of the battery. They usually live under the headlamp ahead of the airbox/next to the side of the radiator, where they occasionally get covered in grime and spray, so can suffer... although my car has the under-tray still fitted, and the electro-valves last between 90 - 100k without problems, unti they start to become feeble (engine smoke).

The OE (made by Pierburg) ones are all plastic from memory, and the vacuum pipes just press over the (plastic) nozzles... so I can't say that metal fitment looks familiar.. but if you can find an hole, then you'll work out what to do with it..

Ralf S.

Back