speeding at 101

Currently reading:
speeding at 101

yeah our sat nav is 3 or 4 mph less than what the speedo shows too, which kinda shows the inaccuracy thingy but just not in your favour.

hopefully you will learn from this but have heard where people have just been issued loadsa points and a high fine and sent on a driving course as they claimed would loose job etc but then again whats wrong with the bus? :D (joking about the bus lol)

You say west coast of Scotland, where abouts? Theres an average speed camera system in place down parts of the A77?

I think its called a SPECS camera, looks like oOo, they get your average over quarter mile, which means you could have been doing more than 101 in places. Always watch out for speed controlled motorway roadworks, very common in those places.

Mrs Rs family come from the SW of Scotland, on some of those roads it's torture not to be able to drive at the speed they invite. No traffic and I mean zero other road users and a sinous route glinting in the sun across open moorland, you feel you could get out and walk at 60 MPH. I am old enough to pre-date blanket speed limits and have had the MG pinned at max rpm in O/D 4th back in the care free 60s. Deer are a hazard so keep the peripheral scan going, and clearly a 10 year old Skoda can come chugging out of the gateway to a croft at any time. I always think when I am up there wtf dont they organise a sports car road race up here????
Yea and over 100 MPH is go to jail territory, it's ******** as that speed can be perfectly safe, but look at the lovely fines MMMMM.

Back