Ducato Speed limiter removal .. Impossible ??

Currently reading:
Ducato Speed limiter removal .. Impossible ??

jay5787

Hi Everyone,
I have recently bought a Fiat Ducato 130 multijet ( 62 plate with tacho) with marelli ECU which is limited to 56mph, ex Glasgow Council. I have been to Fiat proffesional who failed to remove the Limiter, local re mapper, local Tacho centre and a few web based van ecu experts who also failed misserably. Can anyone safely say they have the skills and equipment to remove this limiter??and have done it succesfully in the past. Or can the ecu be replaced with a another similar van and tweak the coding inside to suit my van. Please help. Cheers.

Hi Everyone,
I have recently bought a Fiat Ducato 130 multijet ( 62 plate with tacho) with marelli ECU which is limited to 56mph, ex Glasgow Council. I have been to Fiat proffesional who failed to remove the Limiter, local re mapper, local Tacho centre and a few web based van ecu experts who also failed misserably. Can anyone safely say they have the skills and equipment to remove this limiter??and have done it succesfully in the past. Or can the ecu be replaced with a another similar van and tweak the coding inside to suit my van. Please help. Cheers.

If that many people have failed I would first ensure there isn't a seperate speed controller spliced in under the dash, the trouble with diagnostic computers and tuning software is people often miss the obvious.

Could not the Glasgow council provide info on how it was installed originally?

Ian.

The Japanese cars have a speed limiter fit at the MOT bay, so maybe it's the same style that's been used here? When I worked with Royal Mail, they used a bolt welded to the go faster pedal.....

56mph is a sensible maximum speed for a Ducato and you are likely to enjoy years of trouble-free use by sticking to that. Why do you think heavy lorries last for so long while covering hundreds of thousands of miles?

If that many people have failed I would first ensure there isn't a seperate speed controller spliced in under the dash, the trouble with diagnostic computers and tuning software is people often miss the obvious.
Hi Everyone, I have recently bought a Fiat Ducato 130 multijet ( 62 plate with tacho) with marelli ECU which is limited to 56mph, ex Glasgow Council. I have been to Fiat proffesional who failed to remove the Limiter, local re mapper, local Tacho centre and a few web based van ecu experts who also failed misserably. Can anyone safely say they have the skills and equipment to remove this limiter??and have done it succesfully in the past. Or can the ecu be replaced with a another similar van and tweak the coding inside to suit my van. Please help. Cheers.

Back