Speed limit warning

Currently reading:
Speed limit warning

My wife has just got a 500e and try as I may I cannot set up the speed warning /audible ,any advice

She could pay attention to the speedo and not speed???
Never mind the sarcasm,maybe if you knew what I was talking about you would come up with a polite reply,my car which is also an ev picks up the speed for s particular road and there is also the additional warning ie audible when you go to over 3mph for that particular road so any sensible replies would be appreciated

IF you google "how do you set the speed warning alarm on a fiat 500 electric" there are a number of responses, inc a you tube video of the procedure i was wondering if you had seen /tried these?.

IF you google "how do you set the speed warning alarm on a fiat 500 electric" there are a number of responses, inc a you tube video of the procedure i was wondering if you had seen /tried these?.
Thanks for your reply,we have seen a few videos but none so far seems to throw much light on the problem or the car may indeed not have this function

Thanks for your reply,we have seen a few videos but none so far seems to throw much light on the problem or the car may indeed not have this function
Can i ask did you not get the owners handbook/ manual when you bought the car? if not you might be able to get/read a model year specific one online that should tell you if your car has that function! or might be worth calling your local friendly Fiat dealer and asking if it is on a computer record of the build spec somewhere? which maybe could be accessed via VIN number!.
Can i ask what exactly the issue is does the speed beep function appear on the menu screen via the buttons next to the speedometer?.

Last edited:
Can i ask did you not get the owners handbook/ manual when you bought the car? if not you might be able to get/read a model year specific one online that should tell you if your car has that function! or might be worth calling your local friendly Fiat dealer and asking if it is on a computer record of the build spec somewhere?which maybe could be accessed via VIN number!.
T
Can i ask did you not get the owners handbook/ manual when you bought the car? if not you might be able to get/read a model year specific one online that should tell you if your car has that function! or might be worth calling your local friendly Fiat dealer and asking if it is on a computer record of the build spec somewhere?which maybe could be accessed via VIN number!.
yes you do get a limited insight to the car on the owners manual and have been looking at the digital version online which is a real pain as there are nearly 400 pages so if that proves unproductive we will ask the Fiat dealer ,cheers for your rrsponse

Your welcome but can i ask again what exactly appears to be the issue can you not access the menu? or does the setting not "take" or the like!
Well what the car does have is speed sign recognition but no audible warning which is the extra measure my car has just in case you aren’t being too vigilant and mine has it set for 3 mph over statutory limit and just thought this would be the norm for this car

Well what the car does have is speed sign recognition but no audible warning which is the extra measure my car has just in case you aren’t being too vigilant and mine has it set for 3 mph over statutory limit and just thought this would be the norm for this car
Is the speed beep on/off message accessible from the speedo menu buttons? IE- can you get speed beep up on the speedometer display or not?.

Back