Ducato Dashboard Warning Lights

Currently reading:
Ducato Dashboard Warning Lights

malcolli

Hi All,
I have a Fiat Ducato 2011 Motorhome which has just started to show warning lights when I turn on the cruise control. It has just had a new alternator too. So thought this might be the place to investigate further. Have read one in particular that seems to be almost exactly the same issue, and results in Dash instrument cluster replacement.
Where's the best place for a replacement, they seem very expensive for a UK one?
Are the repair companies reliable?

Thanks

In answer to your question the company "Cartronics" is often reccomended,for repairs, but I have no direct experience of their services.

Spurious warn lights may be caused by a faulty engine block earth strap. These suffer from corrosion inside the terminal crimps.

Using the search function should reveal several relevant threads.

...whilst not necessarily definitive, the appearance of spurious warning lights when cruise control is engaged is is one of the common symptoms of instrument panel problems.

I had a panel replaced under warranty on a 2015 van with exactly those symptoms.

Fiat were sometimes sympathetic in claims out of warranty, but I suspect a 2011 vehicle would be rather too old.

By all means eliminate the other possibilities, but if need be, as above Cartronix (correct spelling ;) ) are the usual resort.

...whilst not necessarily definitive, the appearance of spurious warning lights when cruise control is engaged is is one of the common symptoms of instrument panel problems.

I had a panel replaced under warranty on a 2015 van with exactly those symptoms.

Fiat were sometimes sympathetic in claims out of warranty, but I suspect a 2011 vehicle would be rather too old.

By all means eliminate the other possibilities, but if need be, as above Cartronix (correct spelling ;) ) are the usual resort.

Hugh,
Thanks for the reply. I am of the same opinion, but it was worth getting more information and checking out my options from those that have experienced it. Everything on the van is working OK. So there is no rush to do anything.

Back