Speed limit warning

Currently reading:
Speed limit warning

She could pay attention to the speedo and not speed???
LOL.

In my EVO I inadvertently set my speed limit to 60mph and my wife was forever telling me to drive slower on the motorway when the car beeped at me!

I changed the setting to 75mph, that speed would make my EVO cry anyway :)

Cry = wheel wobble

Last edited:
Nope, if she cant control her speed then shouldn't be driving :D
And maybe you should keep your misogynistic opinions to yourself Mr Knowall ,I was referring to the lack of an audible speed sign recognition to supplement the visual one on the dashboard which is the case on my car so that is all I was asking advise on so stop making sarcastic comments about my wife’s driving capabilities

Can i just say that even if given with humorous intent! comments regarding other members or there families capabilities,and/or driving habits feel out of place on these forums!.
The intended purpose of the groups is surely to ask for, and offer advice to other members! regarding any issues or problems with there vehicles! not to cast judgement on any abilities, habits, or needs of an individual driver!, ok you might think there skills or practices and needs are undesirable and lacking from YOUR perspective!, and you might even be correct in the bigger picture! but its not for you (or me for that matter!) to hold them accountable for there actions!.
Whilst every one has a the right to an opinion on ANY subject (free speach an all that!)
Sarcastic and personal sniping( even if meant in jest!- as things can easily be taken the wrong way!) has no place in our friendly and self help forums I. M.O and I for one would like prefer to see the end of it! !
As it does not HELP anyone! and is not in the spirt of the forum and what we are trying to achieve!

And maybe you should keep your misogynistic opinions to yourself
Nothing misogynistic at all, the fact she is female has no bearing on her ability to drive in my view.
The fact she cant control her speed on the road is far more concerning!!!

We had a friend that got caught doing 36mph in a 30mph, and her defence was that she was going downhill, so the car sped up. Oddly the response of "press the brake?" got the same as above.....

If you need a warning on your car to not break the law then you should really be not on the road. But, hey, as long as she stays south of the border then it wont bother me much.

As it does not HELP anyone! and is not in the spirt of the forum and what we are trying to achieve!
Fix the fault, not the symptom!
If I was suggesting getting a divorce for not driving properly, then yes, that would be a bit too far, but to say watch your speed is hardly out of line.

Nothing misogynistic at all, the fact she is female has no bearing on her ability to drive in my view.
The fact she cant control her speed on the road is far more concerning!!!

We had a friend that got caught doing 36mph in a 30mph, and her defence was that she was going downhill, so the car sped up. Oddly the response of "press the brake?" got the same as above.....

If you need a warning on your car to not break the law then you should really be not on the road. But, hey, as long as she stays south of the border then it wont bother me much.

Fix the fault, not the symptom!
If I was suggesting getting a divorce for not driving properly, then yes, that would be a bit too far, but to say watch your speed is hardly out of line.
Id say that whilst the lady in question might lack a little confidence under certain situations that does NOT mean that she is not competent and fully able to drive safely, its just she would like the back up of a system that she probably learnt to drive with and misses now its gone!, that does NOT mean she is at fault! as you suggest.
Its just another mechanical aid after all, if you think and feel its unneeded then you are entitled to your opinion! but to imply that the lady is basically incompetent and does not pay enough attention to her driving and/or speed just because SHE WOULD LIKE!(not need!) an audible reminder is I M O both petty and unkind! .
If you read DAFFO1950,s reply to you you can see (if you have any human sensibilitys?) that you have already managed to upset a new member just asking for help! wonder what he thinks of this forum following your responses? and he could do without your sarcasism and comments on a personal level !-you have an opinion but that does not automatically make you RIGHT! and the form of your responses are quite defensive of your viewpoint and I.M.O unkind and uncalled for bordering on spiteful!
Ps its not so much What you say its the way that you say it!

Last edited:
Id say that whilst the lady in question might lack a little confidence under certain situations that does NOT mean that she is not competent and fully able to drive safely, its just she would like the back up of a system that she probably learnt to drive with and misses now its gone!, that does NOT mean she is at fault! as you suggest.
Its just another mechanical aid after all, if you think and feel its unneeded then you are entitled to your opinion! but to imply that the lady is basically incompetent and does not pay enough attention to her driving and/or speed just because SHE WOULD LIKE!(not need!) an audible reminder is I M O both petty and unkind! .
If you read DAFFO1950,s reply to you you can see (if you have any human sensibilitys?) that you have already managed to upset a new member just asking for help! wonder what he thinks of this forum following your responses? and he could do without your sarcasism and comments on a personal level !-you have an opinion but that does not automatically make you RIGHT! and the form of your response are quite defensive of your viewpoint and I.M.O unkind and uncalled for bordering on spiteful!
Ps its not so much What you say its the way that you say it!
Thank you all for your understanding of what I was trying to do and asking for advice which is all I was trying to do in setting up the car and all it’s bits and bobs so that my wife felt comfortable and secure in driving her new car and if I might add she has gone from driving a Panda to driving an ev which is obviously automatic so it is all new territory for her ,thanks to you all who were willing to offer constructive advice and to those who weren’t well keep your opinions to yourself

Thank you all for your understanding of what I was trying to do and asking for advice which is all I was trying to do in setting up the car and all it’s bits and bobs so that my wife felt comfortable and secure in driving her new car and if I might add she has gone from driving a Panda to driving an ev which is obviously automatic so it is all new territory for her ,thanks to you all who were willing to offer constructive advice and to those who weren’t well keep your opinions to yourself
Thankfully most members on here are generally supportive whatever the subject!, and willing to help!- don t be put off by what probably has not been the best introduction to the group experence and i hope that you will continue to contribute and join in! also i am sure your wife will love her new car once she acclimatises to its quirks and points of difference! all the best!

Yes my wife’s driving is a little on the cautious side but she is also a very good driver
My wife is a slow, safe driver who has never had a crash since we've been married. She is quite nervous while driving though. For the first 18 years of marriage this essentially meant she shouted abuse at other drivers every 10 minutes, while passenger or driver, when mostly they'd done nothing wrong. At times both me and my son joked about putting horse blinkers on her, or a muzzle because it could be very uncomfortable being inside a hostile car.

This last year she's had a conversion, she read some mindfullness, buddhism and stopped shouting at other drivers!! Its a lot nicer being in a car with her.

I'm a very calm driver, it takes a lot for my adrenaline to pump.

Back