General So Panda Owners ,Is it reliable!?

Currently reading:
General So Panda Owners ,Is it reliable!?

ytareh

Established member
...Bit of a 'Cento Sporting fan but might be tempted by a new Panda Multijet so ...Is it the same old reliability problem -ie if you can name it ,it can break?Also do they really handle as well as the mags say-and I mean narrow country lane handling not "big car feel and ride"?Thanks!

so far so good, but then mrs t is STILL under 10000 miles after 20 months!
have done a few country lanes type roads, and whilst the tub would tear it a new one, the panda is a lot of fun, and i feel a lot safer with it

I've driven 4199 problem-free miles since June 2005 in my Multijet. Most of my driving has been city driving, but I also had a longer trip down the West coast of Ireland. The car was comfortable even over a long distance, and my sliding rear seat allows plenty of room for extra luggage.

I've got a skydome and it's been problem-free and leak-free...

Love my Panda :hug:

sammiboo said:
The only thing that puts my off is the interior colour choices are a bit "in your face"

That's why I got made-to-measure seat covers for my Panda...
Well that and the wrong colour of seats :eek: - yellow instead of blue...
Oh - and the money from the dealership to pay for them (or half of them)...

I drove with the yellow seats uncovered for 3 months and got used to them... but there's no way that you can keep them clean. The yellow is just too light a colour and marks too easily...

mine were yellow and stayed immaculate for the year I had the car. TBH if your a cinq sporting fan you will find the Panda a bit bouncy and roly poly along country lanes, but, tremendous fun! It will hang on well, but needs a determined drive to get the best out of it, basically its more fun than any other bland modern equivelent...

Panda is MORE "roly poly" than Cinq....?I didnt think that was possible!!!

Hi,

Was away for a few days so only getting to post now - I got my (Wife's) Multijet with 3000 Kms on the clock in April this year (Demo model) and it how has over 27,000 Kms, i.e, 17,000 Miles on it - never a problem - everything works well.

17,000 miles in less then eight months, only an oil change and everything still going flying, I mean flying - it can hammer on if needed. I use mostly B class roads to work every morning and this Multijet loves the twisty bits.

Tried the MPG bit again last week, it only gave me 66.992 miles per gallon, had expected to get about 70 - oh well, beats the Fiesta I had !!

Happy Christmas to all of you and safe driving.

BJK

my other half has a panda eleganza and has done nearly 30,000 trouble free motoring:) i like the panda just dont like the garage where we got it from , we had loads of problems with them poor service (n)

They do handle well although I do feel sometimes that hard cornering whilst the chassis stays upright and solid the tyres are on the edge of their grip. If you can swing it, I'd put fatter tyres on.

Problems encountered:

1. Warning light for passenger side airbag coming on whilst cornering.

2. Radio/CD coming on when it feels like it ( started yesterday ) when car is on or off, worked around this by turning the 'on ignition' setting to 0 secs before radio switches off.

Niggles:

1. footwell carpet wears through quick, so make sure you have mats.

2. engine not as free revving as the Sei Sporting but clearly more powerful and flexible.

3. Needs a sixth gear on European motorways.

17700 km (13 months) on a Panda 4x4 1.2 climbing no problem at all.
Very comfort in town and in mountains, needs attention when you drive on motorways and you want to overpass some slow movers.
Consumption is 7lt/km in mountain drive, 8lt/km in motorways and 8,5lt/km in city

CheeseMaster said:
They do handle well although I do feel sometimes that hard cornering whilst the chassis stays upright and solid the tyres are on the edge of their grip. If you can swing it, I'd put fatter tyres on.
Do you have alloys or steel wheels? The alloys have wider tyres, and the 4x4 has wider tyres still.
H

Back