Skyline going round Knockhill!

Currently reading:
Skyline going round Knockhill!

Biz said:
If a 5 can "only" get say 250bhp on carbs but has to change to fuel injection to get over that figure, i just dont see that as something to brag about!

Think we've gone off topic abit? :D

Nah you got it wrong, the carbs are good for nearly 350bhp as was proven by K-tec racing in Bournemouth and GT Tuning in Blandford Forum amongst others, but the injection gives a much flatter toruqe curve and you only need to go to 250bhp to have a more reliable and quicker car as its the way the power is produced that makes the results, not top end power figure.

Anyway I've knocked off for the day, so home time for me, and yeah it was off topic, but hey good convo none the less.

PS look at my sig or pics, I have an integrale EVO1.

Aaron.

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
biz mate, im ditching the standard management etc when i go for the magic 300! plus i need to find out how to increase the actual cc of the engine! 1.6 8v sporting lump maybe ;)

as for goin off topic, yeah we have! lol

Dunc

Oops before i go just saw this, but look at Europe mate, they are running 1.6L UTs over there, can't remember which engine it is tho cos its different, something else from the Fiat/Lancia range, maybe Delta HF turbo unit??? I don't know as its been a while since i read up on it.

Aaron.

Yeah i know they are 1.6's, from Tipos i belive but not for sure.

But a mate of mine(Who im buying a MINT mk2 UT off) has seen well over 350BHP/350flbs from a 1372cc uno lump (But dont qoute me on that, still yet to ask him for definet) but he ran his Mk2 for 3 years at 1.4 BAR with no problems what so ever.

Same here dunc, it has to be done as standard ECUs can't be changed.

350 from carbs is good.

But im a FIAT man thru and thru. :D

after my experiances with my UT and now my damm peice of crap Pug 405 STDT i dont want french again!
"Va Va KA BOOOOMMMMMMM"
lol sorry.

Any pics of the integrale?
Is it a Martini

Biz said:
Yeah i know they are 1.6's, from Tipos i belive but not for sure.

But a mate of mine(Who im buying a MINT mk2 UT off) has seen well over 350BHP/350flbs from a 1372cc uno lump (But dont qoute me on that, still yet to ask him for definet) but he ran his Mk2 for 3 years at 1.4 BAR with no problems what so ever.

Same here dunc, it has to be done as standard ECUs can't be changed.

350 from carbs is good.

But im a FIAT man thru and thru. :D

after my experiances with my UT and now my damm peice of crap Pug 405 STDT i dont want french again!
"Va Va KA BOOOOMMMMMMM"
lol sorry.

Any pics of the integrale?
Is it a Martini

That figure is utter make believe, do you know how much has to go into an integrale to get that amount of power and its a 2L 16V with a much higher starting point. and 1.4bar is nothing to write home about an bog standard integrale boosts to 1.2bar and will take 1.7bar on an Evo Engineering switchable chip, without changing anything, but the head gaskets don't like it if used all the time. Barry Waterhouse (Evo Engineering)who has now sadly passed away used to race UT's and indeed would gladly demonstrate how far you could take it, but over 350bhp is not possible with a huge amount of money and someone who is skilled in the craft of building engines. And if his car is that powerful, why does he not appear at track days or 1/4 mile events and show the R5 boys how its done, cos as i said the fastest FWD cars in the UK and indeed Europe are still R5's, even the South Africans who adore there UTs are finding it hard to break into the 12s 1/4 miles never mind 11's

the R5GTT lump is 1397cc so don't know why you keep quoting the cc's unless you are confused with Ford RS Turbos (note an S not a 5 is used) as they are 1600cc as standard, tho you can get the US spec CVH which is 1900cc

Why do you say standard ECU's can't be changed, Dunc has said he wants/needs to change the ECU to get anywhere near the power that he would like, read what is said please.

No it's not a Martini as its saids in my sig, its a Metalescent black EVO1, there are pics in my gallery.

Aaron.

Back