General sills/sideskirts/water trap.

Currently reading:
General sills/sideskirts/water trap.

oldhammer

Busy rebuilding pand'a
Hi all.
Daft question here maybe but I thought I'd ask .

After washing the car or if its been in rain I can hear water whooshing /gurgling
On the passenger side.
I've checked/cleared the scuttle drains under the bonnet and it ain't that.
The car is holding water somewhere but icarnt find any drain channels for the sills.

Any ideas.
Indeed to sort it as its going to rot away I'm thinking
Find the drains and fire wax/oyl in there but where are they.

Anyone else had this problem .
Thanks in advance.

Does the water gurgle as you first start the engine?

But yes the sill COULD fill up with water if there was an access point from the outside

Under the sills are little rubber bungs - pull them out - let water drain IF its the sills

But as you say passenger side, it make me think its the heater matrix gargling air instead

Ziggy

Thanks Ziggy.
I've bled the pipework no air locks.
Its deffo water building up in body ofthe car/ the sunroof ain't leaking in so I've ruled out blocked sunroof drains.
I will have a look for these rubber bungs.

Last edited:
Thanks Ziggy.
I've bled the pipework no air locks.
Its deffo water building up in body ofthe car/ the sunroof ain't leaking in so I've ruled out blocked sunroof drains.
I will have a look for these rubber bungs.

You cant miss them - there for the cars with sideskirts - i think they allow you to put some plastic plugs in them to bolt them to the car instead

But never tried sideskirts - dont like them too much

Ziggy

Turn your dials s that its all cold air not worm, if this stops the problem (which it did with mine) then it's a problem with the heater matrix, and can be a big pain in the neck to successfully bleed. I believe there is a very good guide on how to do so.

They are half inch blanking grommets.
They might be a bit crusty, new ones on eBay are quite cheap.

Line along sills, might be covered in guff.

Check your rear arch inner skins for condition, water can get into sill ends here if they're shot.

They are half inch blanking grommets.
They might be a bit crusty, new ones on eBay are quite cheap.

Line along sills, might be covered in guff.

Check your rear arch inner skins for condition, water can get into sill ends here if they're shot.

Thanks.

The inner rear arch liners appear to be missing on my sporting not sure why tho.
The side skirts are holding water.. there's no water in the inner. Sills.

Waxoyl time me thinks.. :(

Back