Technical Radiator fan not working when water is above 88 deg

Currently reading:
Technical Radiator fan not working when water is above 88 deg

Sorry I don't have diagram or know wire colour.

If you can get to wires at back of fan relay you can see the wire colours.
Check to find out which connections are battery voltage with ignition on , one is solenoid + , the other is power for fan motor. You should have two wires left ;one goes to the fan motor the remaining wire goes to ecu.
If using meter to check for continuity between relay socket and ecu disconnect the battery negative and unplug the ecu connector from the ecu that way there is no chance of damaging ecu and unplug the relay from its socket

It is possible that the relay has lost its 12volts to solenoid that would have same effect as faulty wire to ecu

I will do!
Do you know which colour it is or do you have a wiring diagram?
if you pull the relay out only one small terminal will have battery voltage. With the relay in place both terminals have battery voltage. But when the ecu operates it pulls that other terminal to ground. This terminal gets battery voltage indirectly via the relays coil. If you can connect a voltmeter to this terminal with the relay in place you might get some information you can report here.

Your Ecu sends the earth signal's down pin 14 (low speed) & pin 15 (High Speed). On the diagram B1 is the fusebox in the engine bay, J39 is the black relay attached to the fans (this controls how the fans are connected (high or low speed). Relay 6 is low speed, Relay 7 is high speed.

There's a connection with two wires in front of the gearbox, this has the two wires which are your earth's from the ecu, they control the fan relay's in the fusebox, check that plug is connected (mine had rotted away).

Attachments

• HGT Fan Control.jpg
    HGT Fan Control.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 35
Your Ecu sends the earth signal's down pin 14 (low speed) & pin 15 (High Speed). On the diagram B1 is the fusebox in the engine bay, J39 is the black relay attached to the fans (this controls how the fans are connected (high or low speed). Relay 6 is low speed, Relay 7 is high speed.

There's a connection with two wires in front of the gearbox, this has the two wires which are your earth's from the ecu, they control the fan relay's in the fusebox, check that plug is connected (mine had rotted away).
Thanks Bill!
Excuse me for my late response:)

Back