Styling Should i smooth my boot?

Currently reading:
Styling Should i smooth my boot?

Been thinking about smoothing my boot.. when i say smoothing, i mean taking of the round fiat badge in the middle. and filling in the two holes then respraying it. ive been quoted £100 for this. as i would need the whole bootlid smoothing over. but i dont no if its worth £100 for 2 holes the size of a 5p :confused: or should i just leave the badge on as it is?

what you think?

raging as this only applies to the newer models, i quite easily took the fiat badge off and had to do nothing else apart from a wee clean, if theyre spraying the whole boot how about smooth number plate area and move it down to the bumper?

You could try and get an older style tailgate in your colour, then just swap over.

thats what i was thinking, but, mine is in perfect condition, no marks or rust etc. and to buy another in the same colour would be near impossible, due to paint fading etc. and if its in perfect condition it will cost a fair bit anyway

Buggery the site won't work for some reason. Anyway yeah...100 does sound a tad much but if you have the money and it's what you want then do it! It's your money that you work for so spend it on yourself if its what you want :)

Since prices are being thrown around, i'll throw mine in. I got a set off skirts of ebay for £80. It cost me a further £329 to get them painted, fitted and bonded to the car. It seemed pricey but i went ahead with it anyways. The garage did a top job so i asked them how much to colour code the bump strips all round. £210 + VAT, so the best part of 250 quid for a bit of paint. Someone please tell me thats ott and give me a price i should be aiming for...

Since prices are being thrown around, i'll throw mine in. I got a set off skirts of ebay for £80. It cost me a further £329 to get them painted, fitted and bonded to the car. It seemed pricey but i went ahead with it anyways. The garage did a top job so i asked them how much to colour code the bump strips all round. £210 + VAT, so the best part of 250 quid for a bit of paint. Someone please tell me thats ott and give me a price i should be aiming for...

to have my bump strips, bonnet, front right wing, and front bumber painted... i paid £250 cash

to have my bump strips, bonnet, front right wing, and front bumber painted... i paid £250 cash

Thats a damm good deal in my opinion. The garage also quoted me £250 + VAT to repair this:
DSC00504.jpg

Needless to say, i declined their offer!

Back