02092010067.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) she's getting there.

Introduction

I bought my punto elx about a year ago and been doing little bits here and there to it with little money and doing all the work myself.

pic of it pritty much standerd apart from de sidestriped

painting abarth skirts

got some sporting wheels and painted them black and put some abarth centers on

and some pics close to what shes like now, with coilovers

since then front and rear bumpers have been colour coded, new sports exhaust and lowerd about another 5-10mm
Reactions: KaiserPingo
Re: she's getting there

so been a long time since my last update! so got a few pics of the things i have done since my post.

Al start with my new remote locking i got. found thread on here about a hawk kit and for the money it cost i really couldnt see why i shouldnt buy it, so boom few days later it came

17032011286.jpg

amazing kit i would say and took around 45 mins to install and man its good not having to use the key haha.

Another thing i done was painted the bootlock. not seen it done yet tho it prob has been buy someone.

pic of before
05042011300.jpg

aww btw i stripped it out before i painted it to do it proper lol, pic after primer
05042011301.jpg

after few main coats and laquer
05042011303.jpg

and the finished product lol. fair bit of work for small gains but to me the small things all make a big diff.
05042011305.jpg

Also when i had the paint out i thought i would do the washer jets. glad i did i think it looks 10 times better colourd.
one finished one in primer.
05042011304.jpg

I thought since most the bad weather is away i would clean the hole engine bay up and paint a few wee bits. i painted the mount, rocker cover and a bracket thats on the manifold. some people like it some dont, but i like it and its my car haha

26032011288.jpg

and now for the thing i was most happy about. since when corering at speed in the old seats you felt like you were going to roll off onto the floor i went in serch for some new seats. after a bit of serching and things i relized it would cost more than i thought so put it off for abit. but when is the scrappys at the weekend i found a HGT that hadent be strpped yet, i asked how much they would take for the seats and they says £15 a seat! so got them there and then, took them for a clean and whaped them in.
03042011298.jpg

03042011297.jpg

thats about all i can think that i have done since the last post anyway lol

cheers :)

Looking good now :D I did the same, got my HGT interior from the scrapies, I got the whole interior for £40 haha!
the black glove box was gone though :( so i'm still looking for one of those!

the locks painted looks allot better! any pics of the washers painted and fitted?

Looking good now :D I did the same, got my HGT interior from the scrapies, I got the whole interior for £40 haha!
the black glove box was gone though :( so i'm still looking for one of those!

the locks painted looks allot better! any pics of the washers painted and fitted?

haha £40 thats awesome!! and got pic's of the washers just for you lol

06042011308.jpg

06042011309.jpg

Id say thats my favourite 5 door punto now. I used to like german draggers the most but hes changed that too much. This is 5 door perfection (y)

rowb i have used tire shine lol. i used the autoglim stuff that sprays on kind of white. and you leave it to dry in haha. cheers for the comments guys :) might upload some more pics tonight if i cant be assed lol

car looks amazing, id b too chicken to slam it that much tho, even tho id love to, also my insurance company would probz have a heat attack and try take half my years wage off me lol, but im defo stealing your idea with the petrol door (thing) lolz ima do white on mine !! bute

Rather impressive, what wax is that? :D Beading looks as though it's dodo juice. Not 100% though :(

to get it like that it was 1 coat of paint renivator, 1 coat of super resin polish and simoniz wax to seal it all lol. cheers for the good comments tho :)

car looks amazing, id b too chicken to slam it that much tho, even tho id love to, also my insurance company would probz have a heat attack and try take half my years wage off me lol, but im defo stealing your idea with the petrol door (thing) lolz ima do white on mine !! bute

thanks :) and its really not that bad being that low. when i first put the coilies on i was crapping it on every bump in the road but you get to know what you can go over and there isnt much thats stopped me tbh lol. and you will have to take some pics when you do you petrol cap so i can see :D

wee photo update ;)

went for a good wee drive with a few mates at the weekend when we had this awesome weather, so took some pic's.

09042011314.jpg

09042011315.jpg

09042011316.jpg

09042011317.jpg

09042011318.jpg

09042011321.jpg

Back