02092010067.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) she's getting there.

Introduction

I bought my punto elx about a year ago and been doing little bits here and there to it with little money and doing all the work myself.

pic of it pritty much standerd apart from de sidestriped

painting abarth skirts

got some sporting wheels and painted them black and put some abarth centers on

and some pics close to what shes like now, with coilovers

since then front and rear bumpers have been colour coded, new sports exhaust and lowerd about another 5-10mm
Reactions: KaiserPingo
Re: she's getting there

Reece, where'd you get those wheel centre caps...they'd suit my car JUST FINE.

I normally have a lil laugh when I see a 5dr Punto beside me in traffic, but yours would get a respectful nod, you've put alot of time and it shows:D

I'm about to get coil overs for mine too...the idea is it'll hopefully force me to stop speeding as well, two birds with one stone;)

- Luca

Reece, where'd you get those wheel centre caps...they'd suit my car JUST FINE.

I normally have a lil laugh when I see a 5dr Punto beside me in traffic, but yours would get a respectful nod, you've put alot of time and it shows:D

I'm about to get coil overs for mine too...the idea is it'll hopefully force me to stop speeding as well, two birds with one stone;)

- Luca
Why would coilovers stop you speeding? Your car will be able to handle corners better so you will feel like you can go faster round them so you will most likely still speed just to go round the corners faster

Why would coilovers stop you speeding? Your car will be able to handle corners better so you will feel like you can go faster round them so you will most likely still speed just to go round the corners faster

I'd do it around corners, but in general my area has loooooaaads of bumps, so I'd have to learn to respect the roads a tad more...but that's the whole idea, the corners ;)

I'd do it around corners, but in general my area has loooooaaads of bumps, so I'd have to learn to respect the roads a tad more...but that's the whole idea, the corners ;)

heyy, the center caps are of ebay. sure there about £20 or something. and thanks for the good comments lol. as for the speeding thing, i agree id does stop you speeding, if u hit a double bump in the road it scraps fairly hefty. but it really just depends how low you go.

cheers

Some more pic's for you guys lol. Got myself some HID's the other day, there awesome!!

one side done, can you tell what side haha?

one side done at night

both HID's fitted

now some pics i took when i was out and about

sure someone asked for a pic of the rear and i didnt have one lol. so just for you

and two pic's of lows

cheers (y)

Last edited:

cheers man, and i honestly couldnt say how low it is. but going low is addictive somehow. the car doesnt look low to me anymore so i would love to go lower but tbh a dono how meny times my exhaust has been welded back on because where the manifold bolts to the flexi sits not joking 2-3 inch off the ground. have looked into custom exhaust but think its abit much hassle for an extra mabie 20-30mm.

cheers man, and i honestly couldnt say how low it is. but going low is addictive somehow. the car doesnt look low to me anymore so i would love to go lower but tbh a dono how meny times my exhaust has been welded back on because where the manifold bolts to the flexi sits not joking 2-3 inch off the ground. have looked into custom exhaust but think its abit much hassle for an extra mabie 20-30mm.
lol i cant wait to get my coilies and just wind them alllll the way down. Is there nothing you can put under the car like rally skid pan type things to stop anything getting scraped? Might get some made up when i do it just so nothing gets damaged like bolt on pans

lol i cant wait to get my coilies and just wind them alllll the way down. Is there nothing you can put under the car like rally skid pan type things to stop anything getting scraped? Might get some made up when i do it just so nothing gets damaged like bolt on pans

well after the exhaust got smashed of like the 3rd time i made some steel bracket kind of things lol. just to give it some strenth. but it didnt really work haha, it came off again but atleast the brackets i made now keep the exhaust from scrapping along the ground. just gona bite the bullet and buy a new manifold :( keep telling myself its worth it tho haha.

well after the exhaust got smashed of like the 3rd time i made some steel bracket kind of things lol. just to give it some strenth. but it didnt really work haha, it came off again but atleast the brackets i made now keep the exhaust from scrapping along the ground. just gona bite the bullet and buy a new manifold :( keep telling myself its worth it tho haha.
Lol yeah i just know that when i do it its just gonna snap within first week because to get on my drive i have to half hop up a curb and i dont wanna raise up just for that haha

thought i would upload some more pic's of random things lol.

starting with some of my sound system. I bought a sub second hand of a mate for pritty cheep. Its a 1300 watt sony explod, heres a pic of how i got it.
DSC00052.jpg

I like my things to look nice so needed a wee refurb. i had some paint left over from when i done my abarth skirts so took it put the sub box sanded the edges gave it a good clean up and also got the center back to how its ment to be! heres some pics of how it went.

09112010109.jpg

09112010115.jpg

09112010116.jpg

09112010117.jpg

09112010118.jpg

09112010124.jpg

sneaky wee pic next to the car
09112010123.jpg

now heres a few off it fitted. i also changed all the speakers in the car to JVC and got a vibe amp. it all sounds awesome. took ages to fine tune it all in tho.
31012011243.jpg

31012011242.jpg

also found a pic of her standerd! so clean!
DSC01488.jpg

and a pic i made of the diff between summer and winter lol
cooolio.jpg

and heres a pic of her next to my mates clio 172 sport
IMGP0287.jpg

Last edited:

small update, needed a new middle exhaust so bored with the sound my old exhaust made got a straight pipe. fair diff if i must say! straight pipe connected to my sportex backbox and with the focus induction kit all sounds pritty mint now.

some pics ;)

new next to old
09022011248.jpg

it on the car (dont look at the damage to the underside of the car lol)
09022011251.jpg

punto and clio sport
09022011249.jpg

and again
09022011253.jpg

and just another random pic lol
12022011257.jpg

Sweet looking car, the underside doesn't look that bad considering how low it is.

I think your mates Clio is up for sale? Or I might be mistaken. It could be his mates Flame red one. :D

Both great cars. :)

tomcat, the straight through was £40 am sure. and got the paint from a proper (not halfrods) paint shop lol.

rawb, nah this clio isnt forsale, but yes his mates is. the flame red one. how did you know haha?

its good to have the thread back up and running :) new pics coming soon! got few new parts such as HGT seats and hawk remote locking kit.

And if anyone would like the HGT satnav/radio+the cd changer and the wiring then make a good offer ;) tryed it all in the car tonight and it all works perfectly thanks to a1ant and davren on here for helping me with getting the code sorted out.

cheers!

Back