Shell Service Attendants

Currently reading:
Shell Service Attendants

Anyone seen these chaps, seen a few at some different Shell stations now where they fill the car for you. Never used one as I'm more than capable myself, but has anyone else, do they charge for their service :confused:

And am I corrected in believing that this is a relatively new thing at Shell stations? Perhaps to try and get something over competitors :confused:

Ha Haaaa I used to be a forecourt attendant in the '60s / '70s way before any member of the public was allowed to touch a petrol pump. I put petrol in for Cliff Richards, The Who, Dusty Springfield, Stones, Lulu, it just goes on and on. We were the first petrol station out of London 100 miles north on the A1. My relief got talking to a star and built him a Triumph chopper bike. He paid cash well over the odds and a handsome tip. One of those Heavy Rock groups, say no more.

We've got an extremely busy Shell service station locally that there is nearly always a queue for. Attendant comes out and puts in the fuel for you whilst you go and join the queue in the shop. Has 9 pumps and only one attendant it doesn't really speed things up that much :(

I think it's a good idea to help all the twits who don't choose "p@p or kiosk" and for the numpties that don't get the nozel in right so it can't dispense etc. All I've seen is the attendant helping "ditzy pretty girls" or old codgers.....

We've got an extremely busy Shell service station locally that there is nearly always a queue for. Attendant comes out and puts in the fuel for you whilst you go and join the queue in the shop. Has 9 pumps and only one attendant it doesn't really speed things up that much :(

I think it's a good idea to help all the twits who don't choose "p@p or kiosk" and for the numpties that don't get the nozel in right so it can't dispense etc. All I've seen is the attendant helping "ditzy pretty girls" or old codgers.....
so it might help me
scratched my paint at a jet garage on the gun.

We've got to have some perks to the job! Choice of a middle aged women or a 17/18 year old blonde women with big boobs...hard choice :LOL:.

In this part of the world all petrol stations have attendants, usually the pumps are separated into "Self Service" and "Served". The fuel on the "served" pumps is usually between €0,01 and €0,03 more expensive per litre, but since most petrol stations never have any bloody gloves it's worth it to not spend the rest of the day driving around with your hands stinking of diesel. Well, when the fuel is on expenses, anyway.

more efficient in weight.
plus tons of small transactions on the books

when it can take me 10 mins to fill a tank
it makes more sense to do it in small doses.

when i get a good nozzle location i put in a full tank.

more efficient in weight.
plus tons of small transactions on the books

when it can take me 10 mins to fill a tank
it makes more sense to do it in small doses.

when i get a good nozzle location i put in a full tank.

10 minutes? Bloody hell, how big is your tank?!

Doubt it makes a difference loads of small transactions, we had nearly 20,000 customers last week, few extra isn't going to hurt :p.

Back