National Service

Currently reading:
National Service

Here's a thought..how about moving forwards instead of constantly looking backwards.........I would fight tooth and nail to stop any of my children being potentially used as cannon fodder to protect the wealth of those who have not earned it..

Here's a thought..how about moving forwards instead of constantly looking backwards.........I would fight tooth and nail to stop any of my children being potentially used as cannon fodder to protect the wealth of those who have not earned it..

If we are talking about my example of NS rather than dole then perhaps your 'fighting' energies would be better put into helping your kids find employment?

Would you see the children of the politicians who propose such things being forced to 'sign up'?......I think not..

If their kids left school & weren't signing up for benefits of any kind (mummy and daddy are supporting them) then they wouldn't be on the radar.

For some, the prospect of sitting on their backsides all day while the state supports them seems to be a great draw. The choice between getting a job or compulsory NS should provide the necessary motivation.

Benefits should ONLY be a safety net for those who fall on hard times & NOT a lifestyle.

(and just to be clear, I'm talking about the workshy, those who believe the world owes them a living, NOT the poor sods who cannot work due to debilitating illnesses or disabilities etc)

Three of my children work full time and the other one is eight years old, I have a very good friend who is due to leave the army after twenty two years service and he doesn't agree with bringing back NS either.

wonder if it could be brought in as a trial like after school measure.
let head pick trouble students, and suggest a course of some kinds.

Kinda 'three strikes and you're out'?
It might actually prove to be a way of improving the behaviour of some kids in school?
Some schools where there has been real problems have had to introduce CCTV (I'm guessing to stop the little darlings claiming they were goaded by teacher OR "it wasn't me").
This evidence could also be used to support the trial run whereby a trouble pupil gets a few hours of 'training' after school...

Let's face it, it wouldn't do them any harm, there are plenty of kids who join some form of organised activity after school (Scouts, football, other hobbies), this might give them the discipline they crave.

more identifying kids who it would benefit, but not mandatory, cause that wouldn't work,
set it in sunny Spain, the savings on benefits would be worth the additional costs. make it seem like a 1 year holiday

mandatory stuff has to include everyone

"mandatory stuff has to include everyone "
In my example, everyone being everyone who believes they can leave school & sign on for a free ride - NOT everyone under the age of 27 regardless of employment status as in the original proposal.

Back