service history

Currently reading:
service history

quotethepigeon

Established member
What is a full service history worth to you?
If you were looking at getting a pre owned car would you instantly be turned off by one with no stamps in the book???

I know a lot of people like to service their car themselves , do you find this impacts the sale value when it comes to selling?

I ask as there's conflicting evidence regarding the quality of dealership services etc , I Mean I don't think I'd go out of my way to look for a used car full of fiat dealer stamps lol....

Service history matters. The last thing you want is a car that's been neglected. I'd happily buy a car that's been serviced by a person themselves as long as they have receipts, recorded mileage etc.

I've always done my own servicing but it does go to a garage for major work, I have every receipt and bill with mileages that the work was done since new and I always use the best quality fluids, filters and parts but that's all for my own peace of mind as i'll be its last owner.
I've seen a main dealers idea of a service and its not good enough for me i'm afraid so if I went to buy a car and the owner handed me a folder like the one I have for mine i'd be more than happy.

the car itself will tell the tale;;)

3 odd tyres, dirty oil, contaminated coolant / stained bottle,
and oily under the bonnet :yuck:

favourites for me are FSH cars with lots of hoses / clips missing or mis-routed:bang:

an oil change in a busy garage workshop has the drain plug back in before it's stopped running - all the nasties are still dribbling their way across the sump pan, trapped for another year(n)

that'll be £100 please for a "professional service":rolleyes:

Back