General Sedicivalvoles that are still alive!

Currently reading:
General Sedicivalvoles that are still alive!

Hi Charlie, had the seats reupholstered a few years ago, I think they were originally covered in the same material as the door panels in the photo.

Yep, dials, none of that electronickery, apart from the ignition.

I was a Beetle owner for most of my 30 years of driving in England, and even they went rusty, but here in SE Spain, hardly anything gets the chance to rust.
The roads here have never had salt on them, they never get icy.

Pics of the old girl here: #27

Yep, the seats are really comfy, but sadly not adjustable for height, my torso is too long. Ö¿Ö

I note that the gearshift boot on yours is the usual floppy stuff.

sm7whc.jpg

BTW, I don't think your wheels are smaller, mine are 165/70 R13.

Actually, mine still has the standard leather shifter boot, but I didn't know they came with these ones.:cool:

You're right about the salt on the roads. Since it practically doesn't snow in Brazil (only twice in the last 23 years), salt in the roads isn't something we see either. Not that the potholes, uneven patches of asphalt and loose cobblestones don't take their tolls on our cars, but at least that stuff is mostly fixable.:D

The integral rubber boot is standard, I've seen it on lots of Tipos and it's certain that the previous owner didn't do any modifications.

We have our share of potholes, mainly on the sections of camino that were asphalted about 30 years ago and then abandoned.

Yep, you're right, the rubber boot was standard in the 1.6 Tipos sold in Brazil as well (the only other engine option available, apart from the Sedici), but I mixed things up because I thought the only interior difference between the Sedicivalvoles and the other Tipos were the seats. :eek:

Turns out there are even more differences between them, like the steering wheel, some of the paneling, gauges and stuff.

It has a lot of work to do on it in my mind.

Wheels. They would have to go.
Pedals. They would need to be replaced.
Steering wheel cover & head unit steering wheel control. Gone.
Looks to be missing the cigarette socket cover.
Towbar. Looks nasty.

Id be concerned about how much it has been maintained.

Someone who keeps a car looking that clean, inside and out, isn't normally the type of person who would skimp on maintenance, IMHO.

Your other comments have been noted and consigned to the bin marked R. Ö¿Ö

Newish 307 in the car park at work. It's spotless inside and out. The wheels were beyond slicks and into the canvas.

To judge someone's maintenance of their car based on how it looks after a £15 valet puts you in the box marked naive. IMHO.

hello all

here's another for the list of still alive ....

K474 OHU
36000 miles (see images)
needs a cam belt change and its a bit rough round the edges but its booked in for a full work over in 2 months ie new paint/everything.
brought to replace my now dead silver j (J714 NSD) plate sedi...:cry:. which is now in my shed in bits.
anyone looking for bits give me a email. ss

20130423110810copy.jpg
20130423110959copy.jpg
20130423110948copy.jpg
20130423110908copy.jpg
20130423110900copy.jpg
2Q==
9k=
2Q==
9k=

Really nice example... changed my opinion of white Tipos (5 door Mk1 seems to suit it).

Have you got a set of proper wheels from your old car? They really set the Sedi off nicely although the ones you've got are OK (but any comparable Fiat 15" rims e.g. Bravo would be an improvement IMO)

Enjoy...

hello mate .
re wheels unfortunately i dont have a set of off the the old j plate it had a set of bk race wheels on it which will go on this one and i gave my father the old set for his tickford capri(looked very nice) and as for the wheels on the white one well there a mess. been kerbed a few times(by the old boy who used it as a shopping car for 15 years) but if you want them you can have them for nothing in a couple of weeks when my bk wheels come back .i will post a close up pic of all four and you can make your own mind up .
#
and a bit more detail about the white one it cost me £850 off ebay bargain of the century ..brought from a really nice young couple of fiat fanatics ie 5-6 fiats in there household.only reason they sold it was the running costs.....lol heavy right foot =empty wallet...regards ss

fast fingers lol .......when my mate told me about it i was on the phone and went down the same day and said yes .(1 day after i put my j plate down)
i could not believe that they only wanted 850 for it ...nearly took there arm off trying to give them the money...

and do any of the other sedi owners run poly bushes??? (front end/rear end/engine)
if so who makes them (seen a few)...but looking for a personal rec of a make ie quality fit etc etc.

cheers ss

I think it was - or was curtainly going to be available - it is listed in the 1993 catague next to the Sedici. In efffect i think it replaced the old 1.8Ie twin cam.

Yes, there was a 2.0 GT Tipo released in the UK however, I only ever saw two and if memory serves me well they were only about 110bhp.

quick update on the sedi
just had 2 new front shocks and
2 rear shocks
2 front wishbones
2 front wheel bearings
2 front drop link bars and bushes
new cambelt kit
new balancer shaft belt(found my one had snapped and was heading for the cam belt pully )(n)

only got the rear bearings and springs to replace
and get a new set of brake lines made(copper and nickel)
then time for a respray :slayer:

That's one lucky car... hope it repays the TLC and expense.

Looking forward to some photos and reports of the beast in action.

Spent a lot on my 1.4 ieS lately - all worthwhile but there's still a nagging warm-up problem that has eluded all diagnosis... :bang:

Hi Mike, I know your original post is eight years old. I am running a Sedicivalvole which is silver, its been off the road for 15 years.

Back