General Sedicivalvoles that are still alive!

Currently reading:
General Sedicivalvoles that are still alive!

My Sedicivalvole is still alive and very strong. I really love it!

Attachments

• DSCN1516.JPG
    DSCN1516.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
hello all

here's another for the list of still alive ....

K474 OHU
36000 miles (see images)
needs a cam belt change and its a bit rough round the edges but its booked in for a full work over in 2 months ie new paint/everything.
brought to replace my now dead silver j (J714 NSD) plate sedi...:cry:. which is now in my shed in bits.
anyone looking for bits give me a email. ss

20130423110810copy.jpg
20130423110959copy.jpg
20130423110948copy.jpg
20130423110908copy.jpg
20130423110900copy.jpg
2Q==
9k=
2Q==
9k=
How's it going with the project ..thanks again for them parts ..mines in the body shop as we speak ..!

hello crisps...

good to hear about yours mate. slap a few pics up so we can see whats happening..(y)
just finished a dry build on mine after lowering 40mm and tearing the braid off the flexi pipe ooops ......(damn bumpy norfolk roads).
but all on course just trying to decide what white i want(too many to choose from)lol
shell goes for a dip in the next 5-6 weeks after i have finished moving/relaying all the fuel/brake lines into the passenger cabin as i want nothing underneath the motor but the exhaust pipe ...

will update as bits get done photos will follow when shell dipped..
lee

In daily use, i travel across the UK regularly for work in this car.

sugar beets piled in background

thanks sat nav!

clocked up 800 miles in the tipo in the last few weeks with trips for work to somerset, wales, wisbech oxford and sunderland, the tipo has been fine and munched up the miles, the wiper linkage repair is holding out but i have ordered the rose joints to replace the crappy plastic balljoints in the wiper linkage.

one problem was after getting to oxford to stay the night and on to sunderland the next morning i found i couldnt engage gear, the clutch slave was weeping. I had new ones in the car so fitted it (in the rain) and was on the long wet and windy journey to sunderland in under 35 mins.

old slave

done clutch bled and on the road again! :)

the heaviest rain i have ever driven in

revcounter not working - i know what fault is but not fussed about it right now!

finally home after 6 days travelling for a lovely beer or 2 !

Things to do include sorting out a very annoying rattle from inside the drivers door @80mph and over and getting some more casettes - i only have one casette (threw out my old tapes years ago) or fit a cd player so can sync to my ifone..
upgrade wiper linkage
new front discs and pads (have already) oe fiat
new exhaust system (started to blow slightly and have full new system oe fiat)
weld exhaust manifold again
fit new front brake flexi hoses (have new oe fiat ones to go on)
renew pas fluid
fit new rear discs and calipers and flexi hoses (DONE YESTERDAY ALL OE FIAT PARTS)

Got lots more trips lined up and am really happy using and relying on the car as it sat unused in a lockup for 15 years so its a nice feeling that i have got it not only up and running but used as a normal car that can be trusted, i want it to break down and drive it hard to make things break - then i can replace all the broken bits with new parts and make it stronger :)

clocked up 800 miles in the tipo in the last few weeks with trips for work to somerset, wales, wisbech oxford and sunderland, the tipo has been fine and munched up the miles, the wiper linkage repair is holding out but i have ordered the rose joints to replace the crappy plastic balljoints in the wiper linkage.

one problem was after getting to oxford to stay the night and on to sunderland the next morning i found i couldnt engage gear, the clutch slave was weeping. I had new ones in the car so fitted it (in the rain) and was on the long wet and windy journey to sunderland in under 35 mins.

old slave

done clutch bled and on the road again! :)

the heaviest rain i have ever driven in

revcounter not working - i know what fault is but not fussed about it right now!

finally home after 6 days travelling for a lovely beer or 2 !

Things to do include sorting out a very annoying rattle from inside the drivers door @80mph and over and getting some more casettes - i only have one casette (threw out my old tapes years ago) or fit a cd player so can sync to my ifone..
upgrade wiper linkage
new front discs and pads (have already) oe fiat
new exhaust system (started to blow slightly and have full new system oe fiat)
weld exhaust manifold again
fit new front brake flexi hoses (have new oe fiat ones to go on)
renew pas fluid
fit new rear discs and calipers and flexi hoses (DONE YESTERDAY ALL OE FIAT PARTS)

Got lots more trips lined up and am really happy using and relying on the car as it sat unused in a lockup for 15 years so its a nice feeling that i have got it not only up and running but used as a normal car that can be trusted, i want it to break down and drive it hard to make things break - then i can replace all the broken bits with new parts and make it stronger :)

nice..!!,
do I take it the alternator is down @2%, hence the glow,
ALL of my 65A alternators had the same issue, ( diode..??)

Charlie

hi charlie how you doin! i will spend a few minutes with a multimeter and check for sure.

hi charlie thanks for the info ! i'm working those days so can't make it sadly.
they are great cars this is my 4th sedici my last one (pics earlier in this post) i took all over europe :)

Great pics! Thats Malcolm's old car isn't it? Must be one of the last 5 doors registered in the UK. Mines been back on the road since the spring but not been used an awful lot although did make it to Luton Show where it met up with Sedici 2000's car (see pic in another thread) and Castle Coombe for some racing.

Its stuck in the driveway at the moment whilst British Gas install a new main in the road outside!

MIKE

hi mike how are you? SWS is still going pounding the m25 daily and munching up the miles. The rattle inside the drivers side door card is getting really annoying and the exhaust is blowing in another joint after welding it up a few months ago, p/s bottom arm is worn and knocks sometimes also last week the drivers leccy window stopped working, on removing the doorcard i found the glass as it dropped snagged the loom and pulled off the live feed!
Im not sure if its one of the last ones i know of a few later reg'd cars but perhaps just late registered?

a few more pics if anyone is interested:)

south london somewhere last week visiting another lancia mad ex BWE mechanic

The blue thing needed 5 new tyres - not surprising its still on its original ones!
Gave new tyres a wash as had been in storage a while brand new Yokohama A drive 175 70 13

nice and clean and smelling of lavender !

Weirdly you cant get these rims on a balancing machine as there is no hole in the centre ! ! !

FRONTS had big flat spots where car had sat for 19 years in lockup

crikey !

dodge charger on way back from tyre fitter

tipo in wisbech

just arrived at hotel in wales, 3 hours flat out in heavy rain and winds i was a bit tired tipo was spot on

another charger somewhere in lincolnshire

somewhere in wales

wales

had a lovely steak and kidney pie here and lovely local ales--- sadly could only have one as was driving but would have easily had more :)

charlie, they had rooms above that pub and a fine selection of ales - i would have loved to have stayed and got absolutely wasted but was in that area for work in the day so sadly had to stay for just the one - it wasn't easy!
I have tons of pics of the car its really a fantastic car, after i bought it i changed all the belts, tensioner, idler, removed balancer belt, and spent a week fixing various faults (driveshaft rubbing on PAS metal pipe wearing a slot into it :eek:
bodily it has a huge dent down one side (door and wing) and a dented o/s wing too but i have replacement new oe fiat panels for it also the n/s rear qtr panel is badly rusted but it came with a new oe fiat genuine panel which is bolt on so i will get the whole body done.
i use it every day and cover huge miles in it, they are great cars.

Last edited:
hello crisps...

good to hear about yours mate. slap a few pics up so we can see whats happening..(y)
just finished a dry build on mine after lowering 40mm and tearing the braid off the flexi pipe ooops ......(damn bumpy norfolk roads).
but all on course just trying to decide what white i want(too many to choose from)lol
shell goes for a dip in the next 5-6 weeks after i have finished moving/relaying all the fuel/brake lines into the passenger cabin as i want nothing underneath the motor but the exhaust pipe ...

will update as bits get done photos will follow when shell dipped..
lee

Hello mate I hope all's well .. it sounds like your project Tipo is on track .. I've had mine sprayed the original Greenstone ..she looks great having the wheels diamond cut shortly when I have time ..id put picks up but I seem to be having problems uploading them . look forward to seeing picks of yours did you decide on a colour yet .. .??

Bought her last year as a new project as my other cars are all in good order atm... Didn't think I'd find a car rarer than my Uno turbo, but think I have now looking at the 'howmanyleft' figures!

Plan is to have her back on the road my mid 2015. She needs some (just some I hope!) underbody welding, and has a gear selection problem (won't stay in 1st, 3rd or 5th, but engine wise still sounds sweet at 139,000 miles!

I've fitted Bravo HGT leather seats which imo look better and are much more comfortable and supportive. Once she's mot'd I'll look at the bodywork and get a respray.

Attachments

• WP_20140316_002.jpg
    WP_20140316_002.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 70
  • WP_20140316_004.jpg
    WP_20140316_004.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 64
  • WP_20140316_015.jpg
    WP_20140316_015.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 61
  • WP_20140316_006.jpg
    WP_20140316_006.jpg