General scudo 2.0jtd

Currently reading:
General scudo 2.0jtd

r masters

Established member
when i put my foot down black smoke comes out of exhaust was going to try cleaner but read on one forum it damages turbo is this right or what can i try cheers rob

1) Go somewhere for a burn-up 20 miles at 70 per.

2) Wait until you've got one of those annoying people right up your back bumper, and give it beans.

1) Go somewhere for a burn-up 20 miles at 70 per.

2) Wait until you've got one of those annoying people right up your back bumper, and give it beans.
will do that cheers

my stilo jtd was doing the same thing recently so i took the egr valve off gave it a good clean and now i get no smoke out the back at all not sure about scudo jtd's but might be worth a try.
willtake egr off and clean cheers

youll have fun trying to reach it on a scudo if its the same as a pug expert, its on the back of the inlet manifold. I made a blanking plate for mine to fit on the pipe joining the inlet manifold and it was a mare to fit.

youll have fun trying to reach it on a scudo if its the same as a pug expert, its on the back of the inlet manifold. I made a blanking plate for mine to fit on the pipe joining the inlet manifold and it was a mare to fit.

On the Scudo, the EGR valve is at the front with the pipe running from the rear inlet manifold

On the Scudo, the EGR valve is at the front with the pipe running from the rear inlet manifold

in here : -

250620101376.jpg

depends on build date, picture is old shaped scudo while 'Bossman74' describes new style. Its bit awkward to get to at back but there are 3 types, one is worse than other 2.
had a look mine looks like one at back cheers

depends on build date, picture is old shaped scudo while 'Bossman74' describes new style. Its bit awkward to get to at back but there are 3 types, one is worse than other 2.

Hi T14086.

Yes, my Scudo is a 52 plate 1.9D non turbo.

The picture is from my Scudo and my description is from my Scudo i.e. old shape: -

I'm not sure if the 2.0JTD and my 1.9D are similar or not, just thought I'd post a pic of mine to see if they were similar.

Attachments

• EGR System.jpg
    EGR System.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 696
I had an EGR valve go on me 12 months ago when my scudo 1.6JTD was 2 years & 1 week old. Started smoking a couple of months previous to breaking down due to the EGR valve, went in to be change and still blowing black smoke, garage totally at a loss despite spending a lot of time looking at it, still black now, 12 months on.......

I had an EGR valve go on me 12 months ago when my scudo 1.6JTD was 2 years & 1 week old. Started smoking a couple of months previous to breaking down due to the EGR valve, went in to be change and still blowing black smoke, garage totally at a loss despite spending a lot of time looking at it, still black now, 12 months on.......
mot is due so hope it passes emissions thats all cheers

luckily for me the van did pass MOT no probs but I now have another problem which will start a new thread for now.

Back