Technical scudo 1.9 non starter.

Currently reading:
Technical scudo 1.9 non starter.

Good evening everyone,new to all this so please bear with me!!!!!.ive got a 56 plate 1.9 non turbo scud van with just over 60000mls on the clock,never had an ounce of trouble with it until yesterday lunch time[tue 27 may],got in the van in the morning and it took 3 or 4 attempts for it to fire up,anyway thought no more about it,called at suppliers[plumber by the way],started 1st time,got to the job 10 miles away and parked up,came to start up at lunch time,engine turned over as normal but didn't fire up!!!carried on trying for another 20 mins still nothing,called out R A C,bloke plugged his machine in and came back as no error code!!!,he seemed to think it was a pump problem,he cranked open one of the injectors,turned it over and no fuel,took the top off the manual pump and had fuel there,!!anyway he towed me to my mechanic and left it with him today,plugged it into his reader and came back with 1603 code,whatever that is?,just hoping someone out there can shed some light on my problem!! Van off the road,need it back on the road ASAP,[having to borrow daughters clio to get around,can't seem to fit all my stuff into the bloody thing]

Thanks for that,got a mobile auto spark to have a look at it today,he replaced a wire from the (I think he said ecu)to the stop solenoid and hey presto fired first time!!!...........but.........drove it home about 4 miles,turned it off and the darn thing wouldn't start again!!!gggggrrrrrrrrr,turning over fine but not firing!!!!!anyway rang the auto spark and he's coming in the morning to have another look,(fri),will post an update tomorrow!!!!,(starting to stress a bit now)!!!

Update no2,!auto spark checked crank sensor,all seems good,he seems to be looking at the stop solenoid(talking about cutting a shield off I think),says its a lot easier doing this than removing all surrounding parts,hope this makes some sense to you all.

Auto spark just got back to me saying,can't get hold of a stop solenoid until Monday morning,(weekend off then),anyone know how long it takes to fix and does it sound like we're tackling this the right way?,all help given is gratefully accepted.,update again on Monday when all sorted(hopefully).have a good weekend folks.

Update no 4.monday morning,auto spark cut shield off stop solenoid,replaced with new one,wired up and................it worked....,thanks for the help.

Hi all,further update.........all seems good now,starts first time everytime since stop solenoid replaced,I've tried to put some photos on to hopefully help someone else who's having the same problem now or in the future,cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 64
Back