General Scrapyard scavenging today....

Currently reading:
General Scrapyard scavenging today....

Ur welcome Steve its in good nick no tears if i remember right. Wee Princess needs a working horn, a new brake light, and some of those straps that hold the fuel tank on. It also needs a new bonnet release as a bit of bent wire coming out of the grille is a bit Peckham Omnibus.
The bracket on part 10 on this eper page looks like the thing that was frustrating us....http://eper.fiatforum.com/navi?MOD_...=3&WINDOW_ID=1&SGRP_COD=1&SGS_COD=0&DRW_NUM=2

Giacosa said:
Ur welcome Steve its in good nick no tears if i remember right. Wee Princess needs a working horn, a new brake light, and some of those straps that hold the fuel tank on. It also needs a new bonnet release as a bit of bent wire coming out of the grille is a bit Peckham Omnibus.
The bracket on part 10 on this eper page looks like the thing that was frustrating us....http://eper.fiatforum.com/navi?MOD_...=3&WINDOW_ID=1&SGRP_COD=1&SGS_COD=0&DRW_NUM=2

is it just the brake light bulb or the whole back light?.
also that bracket does look like the problem :(

Steve said:
Fuzzy, yes, hammock seats.

Giacosa, many thanks! :)

There's a Dance with these seats in at one of my scrapyards back home. I'm pretty sure they're hammocks anyway, as the passenger entry mechanism is different. The seat tilts forward instead of sliding forward and upwards.

I'm not home until sometime in February though, but if you're still in need of a seat I'll happily go and have a butchers. :)

Giacosa said:

Didn't realise you wanted the rack if that's still the case I could take the one off of my parts bin.

BTW if it's the light cluster you need I have two spare o/s and one spare n/s

Hey Alan that rack would be good Cheers(y) . Good excuse to give a Panda some exercise. Cumbria isnt it? . Its just the bulb that gones on the indicator il jus mount a raid on the red one for that. How much dosh for a rack?

christopher watson said:
also that bracket does look like the problem :(

Need to teach you lads some mechanics ;)

Took 1 1/2 hours including the 20 min drive there and 20 min back and a chat with faster4_tec who turned up.....pleasure to meet you BTW.

You have to remove the gear selector bracket before it comes off or lever that bracket back to remove a 13mm nut and off she popped :p

I'll do a pic later.

Just got rather worried with a lot of engine hanging over me heed! I had images of it crashing down off its mount on top of a Volvo. We had already had a near miss when the steering wheel jerked off causing it to rock backwards and forwards like a ship in a high sea :bang:

This is your rack if you want it.....:) oh! and a couple of pics to explain the removal....

Just one more thing, this problem will only be encountered by later models as the earlier cars have the gear levers underneith so a completely different position

Attachments

• Rack4.JPG
    Rack4.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Rack7.JPG
    Rack7.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Rack8.JPG
    Rack8.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Rack9.JPG
    Rack9.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 17
Yeah that looks great will have to arrange a time to pick it up. Weekends are a bit poor for me would a weekday be ok? :) Oh by the way how many miles had the donor done?

Giacosa said:
Yeah that looks great will have to arrange a time to pick it up. Weekends are a bit poor for me would a weekday be ok? :) Oh by the way how many miles had the donor done?
Weekdays are normally better for me as well but just give me a date and I'll check my diary. Oh! and 92,000 on the clock

I'll keep them together so I don't forget Tony :)

Back