Off Topic Severe weather today 05/12/2013

Currently reading:
Off Topic Severe weather today 05/12/2013

I just want to say to all my friends out there in Pandaland (and the fiat forum as a whole) that the conditions out there (In Scotland anyways, and it says on the news England too) are crazy, I was driving my Brava to work this morning and I was cacking myself (and I come from a village where bad weather is normal, Im used to driving in it!!) so I can only imagine that with a smaller lighter car its going to get perilous out there, if not for your own driving then other people out on the roads.

So take care out there if you must drive folks, better safe and slower than normal than sorry.

Sounds like it's going to be particularly bad near Most Easterly Pandas.... :(

Take care, out there, everyone....! :eek:

I've works Christmas party tonight in Norwich so I should be fine :)

Luckily where we are on the Coast we've very high up, so flooding isn't a worry, just the wind and out roof, had 2 tiles slip last month in the high winds :eek:

Hopefully it'll be a none event like the last time though (flooding due to high tide and tidal surge this is).

Just checked-out 11:50 met report for Glasgow-Prestwick against east coast (RAF Lossie & RAF Leuchars).

25 knots gusting to 35 (40 mph)
against 12 knots gusting to 24 (28 mph) & 32 knots gusting to 43 (50 mph)

Edit: in all the excitement - got Lossie & Leuchars arse about! Lossie has the higher winds. About the same Norfolk way (RAF Marham) - but I think falling-off towards ev.

051221Z

Last edited:
Just checked-out 11:50 met report for Glasgow-Prestwick against east coast (RAF Lossie & RAF Leuchars).

25 knots gusting to 35 (40 mph)
against 12 knots gusting to 24 (28 mph) & 32 knots gusting to 43 (50 mph)

Edit: in all the excitement - got Lossie & Leuchars arse about! Lossie has the higher winds. About the same Norfolk way (RAF Marham) - but I think falling-off towards ev.

051221Z

Im from Prestwick! :) (y)

Got delayed for an hour on the way to work when lorry blew over on the friarton bridge. Was in the Corsa not the Lancia but was still getting blown around.

I've had to sort my fence out today as was down. My misses is happy as I'm shutting trailers around the yard at work this week at night and not out driving after seeing the lorries on their sides plus the wind blowing the planes at Birmingham airport

Back