General MoT today - Goodbye Panda

Currently reading:
General MoT today - Goodbye Panda

Tempranillo

Good morning Ladies and Gents.
I don't post on this forum very often but I do follow it. I may have posted twice today as my first attempt at this post seems to have disappeared! (May be sitting in another forum!)
MoT today, just 600 miles added. Wipers keep blowing a fuse but othewise??? Come what may I will be parting company with the old girl (ex CLXCraig 1000CLX). I used her as my mobile shed for football and as I have hung up my boots this season I no longer need the car.
I'll keep you updated but if you're interested in a reliable Panda that's lost her looks let me know.
If I could work out how to load pics on here then I'd put some on!

Hi mate.

"I used her as my mobile shed for football" this is the most unique Panda function I have ever heard off. Is there deffinately no other use of it for you?

Re photos: go to gallery at the top of the page, create your album and add the photos in to it. Insert hiperlink to the photo in here.

Well, it failed due to lack of water on the windscreen - faulty washer pump and a high beam fault - there isn't one on the off-side. I left it with the garage as they can't do anything until after the bank holiday. £30 MoT with free re-test and god knows how much for a washer pump (£12 on ebay).

Attachments

• SAM_0288.JPG
    SAM_0288.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
Well, it failed due to lack of water on the windscreen - faulty washer pump and a high beam fault - there isn't one on the off-side. I left it with the garage as they can't do anything until after the bank holiday. £30 MoT with free re-test and god knows how much for a washer pump (£12 on ebay).
Probably nothing wrong with the pump, just corrosion on the connection. Did they try unplugging it and plugging it back in again before they pronounced it dead? Ditto the high beam too actually.

Carlie - north Hampshire, Aldershot.

Y10 - to be honest, with an MoT they don't look to fix little things before issuing a fail. I failed once before for no fluid in the washer bottle - how easy would it have been for them OR ME FOR THAT MATTER to fill it and pass it? I'm sure it will be fixed, question is how easy and how cheap?

Carlie - north Hampshire, Aldershot.

Y10 - to be honest, with an MoT they don't look to fix little things before issuing a fail. I failed once before for no fluid in the washer bottle - how easy would it have been for them OR ME FOR THAT MATTER to fill it and pass it? I'm sure it will be fixed, question is how easy and how cheap?

Very true, I'm not even sure if they're allowed to rectify faults?

On another note, in one of the photos it looks like you have an anti roll bar fitted, is it still on the car? And do you want to sell it :idea:

The MOT testers job is to test the car to see if it's roadworthy and report any faults found. Then it's up to you to get the faults rectified by the garage if you choose to do so. They don't carry out repairs as part of the MOT test (y)

You need a better mot place then! I had a new exhaust fitted during the mot last year - the part was in the boot! :slayer:

when it comes to MOTs i always say to the tester.. if something is wrong, fail it.
i cant stand the idea of driving around in a car that has a non cosmetic fault.
i also always ask to watch the inspection.. i never watch the tester.. i have my own inspection lamp checking the car out... getting told off for being in the way haha

Very true, I'm not even sure if they're allowed to rectify faults?
I'm not questioning the fail, if it doesn't work then they're perfectly correct to fail it. I was more worried about the diagnosis of the fault, if they've written off the pump without checking it you could be paying out for a part you don't need.

Well, one washer pump and main beam adjustment later and we have another year's MoT.
I'll try to tidy her up this weekend and then the "For Sale" signs go up. I've 2 spare sets of alloys and tyres to go with it.
The "roll" bar as I understand it is there to protect the cat. According to former owner CLXCraig it came from a Y10.

Well, that's her listed for auction. If anyone is interested please get in touch.
showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Attachments

• factory roof.jpg
    factory roof.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 32
Back