Sat nav PDA (again) £129 + £3 P&P (approx)

Currently reading:
Sat nav PDA (again) £129 + £3 P&P (approx)

The Negotiator said:
Why not? Lots of OS mapping software for windows mobile, maybe not as robust but most people can't afford both.
Exactly. Robustnes is key. I've had no issues with the eTrex when falling while snowboarding at 30mph. Er, I mean I wiped out while attempting a gnarly frontside tailgrab 540... :D Also it's water resistant (and snow resisitant!). Wouldn't fancy trying either of thoe with a PDA.
Also the batteries last 14 hours in the eTrex and you can just take a spare pair of AAs. People in the hills who might spend £250 on a waterproof jacket probably could afford £100 for a GPS if they wanted!
H

nooooooooooooo buy the kwiksave one at 129.99, built in sat nav = better!

But yes, medshop is fine for me.

H: Well I agree but for tight people like me, (who wouldn't go snowboarding anyway ;)), a PDA one with a decent case can suffice for a lot of purposes, though not if you have to carry a bloody car battery with you ;)

;)

nooooooooooooo buy the kwiksave one at 129.99, built in sat nav = better!

(kwiksave = somerfield) if you can find one, it's the better buy. If I knew I could get 100 or so for my dell x5 pda with tomtom5 etc. I wouuld buy one myself...

i phoned a local store and the lady suggested at which stores i might find them when i ased if they had any, i then rang around and at the first store i phoned i was told they had plenty so a 30 minute motorway drive later and i had my PDA (y) i did notice its £229.99 in there rather than £179.99 but i think its the same model, has very good spec to be fair for a PDA a 300mhz cpu and 64mb RAM is bloody good

Back