Styling S type body modifications

Currently reading:
Styling S type body modifications

Starting on the Exterior for the S type.

Idea is that the car should look like it was produced by Fiat circa 98.

The side of the car won't be changing much.

DSCN0406.jpg

I'll be adding Ktype wings front and back from Tony at ABS, these are ready.

Coupe wheels stay.

Front bumper is close to standard and based around the GT widemouth. It will have a ktype splitter.

Standard

DSCN0458.jpg

Don't like the top slot so fitting this from a brava bravo?
DSCN0457.jpg

Centre slats removed
DSCN0459.jpg

Bit of cutting
DSCN0467.jpg

Some time later
DSCN0474.jpg

Now it has to be smoothed and k type splitter added

Rear bumper smoothed - I used the standard black bumper for this as it doesn't have the black rubber bit.
DSCN0473.jpg

This will have a numberplate box inset and a ktype splitter.

Starting on the Exterior for the S type.

Idea is that the car should look like it was produced by Fiat circa 98.

The side of the car won't be changing much.

DSCN0406.jpg

I'll be adding Ktype wings front and back from Tony at ABS, these are ready.

Coupe wheels stay.

what a car!....................i was bidding for some of those coupe wheels on ebay. but they went outa my price range.im well gutted now cuz they look sweet on an mk1.anyway i want somethin else now .....................A PAIR OV THOSE SKIRTS:D

Looking good fella....I can't wait to see the finished article :)

Thanks, at least it just its 'just' bodywork.
This should look awesome when finished. (y) Can't wait to see what it looks like when finished! :cool:
Thanks
looks good so far, keep up the good work (y)
Looking forward to this and with half term approaching things should move quickly.
mikeypunt;1259766 what a car!....................i was bidding for some of those coupe wheels on ebay. but they went outa my price range.im well gutted now cuz they look sweet on an mk1.anyway i want somethin else now .....................A PAIR OV THOSE SKIRTS:D[/QUOTE said:
Skirts are roadsports from ABS and I love 'em. Though most people prefer abarth

Just a thought... the K type front wings are quite a bit wider than standards, with them skirts it's gonna be a pain getting them to line up without a whole load of work and/or a big bucket of "no more big gaps"
Me? Big bucket of no gaps? :D . I can but try :) You around next Saturday?

glad to see your back on the horse dave,thought you were gonna sell up for a bit there

Thanks, TBH its been 'awkward', with the car at the garage for so long you don't get a kick out of seeing progress. It just becomes a drain financially. Also, I've not been doing any hands on stuff but with the body work here I can get shifting again:slayer:

yep, I should be around for most of the day... Is that when you pick up the car?

Just in time for half term hehe

Yep so if you are around let me know and we'll get some pics and vids if possible. Five point photography gets an exclusive :eek: :D

And yes, just in time for half term, lots of time for fiddling, tidying, and pricing up resprays!

Yep so if you are around let me know and we'll get some pics and vids if possible. Five point photography gets an exclusive :eek: :D

And yes, just in time for half term, lots of time for fiddling, tidying, and pricing up resprays!

hehe, what time you planning to pick it up, I am around all day, gig got cancelled because of the rugby...

A little more progress, bodywork is always painfully slow and you need to take your time or end up with even more work :rolleyes:
Putting the ktype rear splitter on for the first time showed a very crooked top line. I decided to surform this down gradually so it matched with the bottom line on the bumper. The idea is that I can have a sharpish edge leading into the line and not acres of blending

First

DSCN0476.jpg

After a few hours with the surform
DSCN0477.jpg

In between I was working on the front bumper. Long way to go but steady progress.

DSCN0479.jpg

Then lots of measuring before I cut this hole - again the straighter the less problems later. The numberplate box was not a perfect fit and I had to do some cutting to get it square in the bumper.

DSCN0480.jpg

A few checks then fit the numberplate box and a trial fit of the splitter

DSCN0482.jpg

Still lots to do but getting there.

DSCN0483.jpg

(y)

Nice one (y)

What engine does this car have/ start out as?

i saw the supercharged thread is it the lump you used for that?

Started out as a Punto team which is the s model with some bells and whistles. 1.2 8v 60 engine.

It is now a 16v 1.2 with a supercharger hence the S type:

Working on the front bumper. I rub down everything, fill bits then start on the major next bit.

Just get the bravo bit starting to shape and the widemouth shaping and cut out some more lumps :)

DSCN0485.jpg

Cutting away the bump strips

DSCN0486-1.jpg

Only removing a bit at a time to keep the strength
Then bandage it up with masking tape.
DSCN0487.jpg

Slop on some glass composite from behind

DSCN0489.jpg

And wait to see what happens?

Back