General rusty sump oo-er

Currently reading:
General rusty sump oo-er

it might be worth using stove paint or vht paint due to the temperature the sump will reach.

I need a new sump aswell, mine's been bodged for the time being, but it'll definately need replacing.

as for replacing it... £45 for the parts and about the same for labour. that's what i've been quoted.

is black stove paint ok ??? i hae some hammerite bbq/stove paint its mat black. i dont think its water proof like normal hammerrite or is it. its realy thin like water nearly especiallt compared to regular hamerite. i would assume that as its in the bottom of ths sump it should remain reasonably cool the oild will be hot inside but should have continous airflow going over it

yeah a wire brush, nitro mors followed by some spray hammerite (stove paint in matt black, I used it on my rear bench as salt from the dog when he'd been to the beach rusted it within a few days of getting car!).

A new sump is like £11 on ebay? and then a couple of quid for that sealant stuff, whats so expensive about it that fiat charge a scimitar and a half for?

drill- wire brush to clean metal. if pinholed etc, use some chemical metal. sand that down and paint sump after of course degreasing it with hammerite smooth.(y)

Back