General Rusty Nuts - RANT

Currently reading:
General Rusty Nuts - RANT

LRB I found this picture and it reminded me of you (y):D;)

T947152_01.jpg

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

I have finally fixed my downpipe!!!!!

The sheared bolts have been removed, the bolt holes are now over-sized and have been replaced with a traditional nut/bolt arrangement, CAT has been cleaned with a wire wheel and I don't care if I never see the front section of the exhaust again!!!

A big thanks to my MGB owning friend who came to my rescue again with his extensive tool-set and experience of rusty bolts!!!

The new pipe sounds much better - more 'Italian' - throatier and a bit tinny....if you find yourself needing to replace your front pipe I would recommend the one I have - £100 for a s/s pipe and a 3 year warranty seems good to me!

While LRB was on axle stands I changed the oil (despite the fact it had only done 5k) and replaced the Magnatex with Shell 5-40, I was surprised how thick and dirty the old oil was having only covered 5k, it will be interesting to see how the Shell oil looks in 5k time............?

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

Today I have conflict with first crappy bolt in my B. :mad:

I was removing softop for winter and one of those important big crappy bolts from the the rear attach went in two peaces, damn that sucks, now I have to clean the garage to get work with it.. (n)

Have to take whole roof system away and take it to bits :mad:

To take a closer look for it and repairing seals.. :eek:
And I have heard that it keeps its shape better wide open... :rolleyes:
And yes, for winter I have hardtop on..

OK - fair point!! - I would be tempted to treat the hood and put a section of pipe insulation in the window (once folded) to keep the shape and just fold it down - but I would probably be the one with a worn hood in the spring!!

Back