Rugby league :)

Currently reading:
Rugby league :)

im a rugby union man myself which makes me feel ashamed sometimes with being from up North. Plus it means i end supporting crummy Leeds Carnegie rather than the awesome Leeds Rhinos

Featherstone Rovers :worship:

I went to school with one of your first teamers and still a mate to this day - Richard Whiting

Last edited:
As a Northerner, I spent my formative years playing Union at school and League for a few years whilst working.
When I emigrated to the south I couldn't find a local team so let things go by the wayside (that and a serious back injury).
Then my eldest saw an ad to give union a try - and liked it so spent 6 years playing Union with the last 2 years having an overlap into league during the summer. He's since taken up league more seriously and we've travelled to Hemel for the last 2 years to play for the Hemel Stags.
Only downside is the early start every other week to travel up north for the away matches - Carlisle and Gateshead being the real killers in terms of distance - generally a 6.30 set off and 11 or 12pm return.

There are a couple of teams around London but the M25 and London roads can give a journey time almost as long as going up north!

Wildcats All the Way... (y)

Could be an interesting season with Crusaders having a manager in noble who seems to do well everywhere he goes... Leeds Rhino and St Helens are still a cut above the rest..which sucks(n)

Wigan Warriors as a former Pie eater....

We've been Best Club in the World but currently "Resting...." :eek:

Wigan Warriors as a former Pie eater....

We've been Best Club in the World but currently "Resting...." :eek:

and by resting u mean?:p

wigan are a good side, and were as lucky as on sunday... in the "warm up" match

and by resting u mean?:p

wigan are a good side, and were as lucky as on sunday... in the "warm up" match

Resting as in "also rans..." nowt special in the current Cherry & Whites, the sparkle has gone... went with Central Parks demise IMO.

My Uncle once said "watching Wigan has got boring, we KNOW we will ALWAYS win..."

And they did... every match pretty much... then it all changed :(

Resting as in "also rans..." nowt special in the current Cherry & Whites, the sparkle has gone... went with Central Parks demise IMO.

My Uncle once said "watching Wigan has got boring, we KNOW we will ALWAYS win..."

And they did... every match pretty much... then it all changed :(

after sundays match i think you maybe suprised of what your season could bring... new team, new manager.. good luck with super league 15 cya at old trafford :p

after sundays match i think you maybe suprised of what your season could bring... new team, new manager.. good luck with super league 15 cya at old trafford :p

:) Cheers for that, and good luck to your boys too.. (y)
I love the Roses matches, and the fact we can mingle with the opposition fans unlike Soccer...plus have a beer or two in my seat during the game!

RL is a real man's sport, no softies (which probaby explains why Southerners are less "enlightened") :D No hiding the ball up the shirt & being pushed along by a gang eh!

Rock on RL! (y)

Back