An I overtraining for rugby?...

Currently reading:
An I overtraining for rugby?...

Kerr1992

Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
Right guys, looking for someone with a lot of knowledge with this kinda stuff.

Anyway, my problem is that I do weight training for rugby Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. These training days are broken down into:

Monday - legs and Shoulders
Tuesday - Chest and Back

Thursday - same as Monday
Friday - same as Tuesday

I only train the main muscle groups and I do only compound exercises.

1. Do you think I'm overtraining as I also have rugby training on Tuesday and Thursday?

2. The main problem I'm having is with leg day, after doing squats I struggle to run at training on the Tuesday and Thursday because Mg lower back is really tight, is this lower back tightness meant to happen after squats? Am I doing it incorrectly? Or am I not giving my back enough support? I.e. time to invest in a belt?

If I'm overtraining, would training each of the main body parts once a week be sufficient or would I not be doing enough?

All advice and help welcome!

Cheers
Craig

If you're getting back pain with squats you are doing them wrong. As for if you are over training is very dependent on how much you are doing on these days and how your own body copes with it. Some slob who lives on the couch munching doritos watching Jeremy Kyle what you are doing could easily be over training. A professional athlete may consider what you are doing to be a rest week.

I you think you are doing too much, then maybe cut down on your weight work on the same days you have rugby.

But if you feel good and are not getting injuries then play on. No pain no gain.

I'm not getting pain as such and it's not sore at the time, what I'm getting is a very tight back when I try to run at training later on. It actually feels like I've been doing dead lifts! :-O ... I may need to evaluate my technique then

Are you sure you weren't just trying to make us all feel bone idle?
If so, it worked!
I'm no expert but it sounds like the squats are tightening up your hamstrings which is affecting your running.

yerp union uses the hips alot more, all that humping and doggy-piling takes its toll
205908_263613300332627_1254836_n.jpg

Right guys, looking for someone with a lot of knowledge with this kinda stuff.

Anyway, my problem is that I do weight training for rugby Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. These training days are broken down into:

Monday - legs and Shoulders
Tuesday - Chest and Back

Thursday - same as Monday
Friday - same as Tuesday

I only train the main muscle groups and I do only compound exercises.

1. Do you think I'm overtraining as I also have rugby training on Tuesday and Thursday?

2. The main problem I'm having is with leg day, after doing squats I struggle to run at training on the Tuesday and Thursday because Mg lower back is really tight, is this lower back tightness meant to happen after squats? Am I doing it incorrectly? Or am I not giving my back enough support? I.e. time to invest in a belt?

If I'm overtraining, would training each of the main body parts once a week be sufficient or would I not be doing enough?

All advice and help welcome!

Cheers
Craig

bad technique or an underlying problem
belts dont fix technique

It's union I play mate, and yeah that sounds about right lol, we do train before pub though ;-)

Yes I've had a look at technique and I don't push my hips back when squatting so guessing that's what is causing the strain

Back