Tuning Rolling Road......

Currently reading:
Tuning Rolling Road......

Went up to red dot racing with all the others for the rolling road and remap session, Was only hoping to get jst the basic 54hp, anymore than that and i would of thought WOW!! Considering all i have is just a custom back box and k&n with a direct cold air feed, on a standard engine.

I got an amazing 72hp from the little beast, he test it twice to double check and exactly the same, very smooth curve on both power and torque :D

Rolling_road_210609_copy.JPG

fiat would quote flywheel figures.

i would say that RR cannot work out at the flywheel figures very well, an 1108cc SPI with so little mods cannot be making 72bhp. any idea what the at the wheel readings are

torque is at wheel, hp is calculated fly. wonder how much more it would be with no k&N

depends how much further you adjust the rolling road i guess, - there is no way it's making that much power. i don't even think the GSR kit claims that much of a power increase

The gsr man himself was there and he said it was possible, God knows how tho???

They didnt do readings at the wheel for hp only flywheel,

Unless this engine has had some work that isnt documented then thats what was prooved, the gsr man said there might be a slight improvment with his kit but it would be minimal.
And the rr man said its pretty much upto the limit and that a remap might get a few extra ponies but in all honesty its a solid motor

i know the stock cento backbox is restrictive, but come on, 18bhp.. that's what 33% increase in power output from a backbox and a (much rubbished) K&N filter.

what a load of ******

The bloke from gsr said fiat usually underate there engines a tad so it might have had around 60hp from the factory or possibly a little more,

I was just as suprised tbh, and so was everybody else. The machine was pretty accurate on everybody elses cars and it read the same figures pretty much on both runs.

i know the stock cento backbox is restrictive, but come on, 18bhp.. that's what 33% increase in power output from a backbox and a (much rubbished) K&N filter.

what a load of ******

i would normally agree but its there in black and white

Like OP said it might have had work done that is undocumented, but you cant really rubbish it when its there for all to see

what a load of ******
you are asuming the the quoted figures of standard engine from fiat are correct, they are not very often, they dont check each and every engine before fitting it

i would normally agree but its there in black and white

Like OP said it might have had work done that is undocumented, but you cant really rubbish it when its there for all to see

i'm not trying to rubbish it or put anyones hard work down or anything, but it is a calculated figure and to me it looks like it's been calculated wrong.

what a load of ******
:yeahthat:
assuming all engine work has been documented as a realistic 65ish bhp comes from a CDA based induction kit, P75 cam & remap on an 1108cc.

Last edited:
Do people actually believe 72 was possible with K&N and a exhaust ?

If the GSR man said the induction kit will do minimal, then is that a statement saying there are no need to pay the extra price for the GSR kit :)?

Thanks
Ming

I think I see what's happened here, the torque curve marked as 'at the wheels' has been corrected to flywheel figures then the power is corrected again giving a double hike.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 5-10% increase in peek power with very little torque gain from that sort of setup if the bonnet was open on the run. But even so 72bhp would be a little optimistic.

Last edited:
Back