Tuning Rolling Road......

Currently reading:
Tuning Rolling Road......

The police have to calibrate their equipment every morning, before they pull you, or the judge and brief, will let you off 'Scot free'.

A rolling road is more difficult to calibrate as you all seem to be aware...

That is probable a partial answer as to why auto has so many BHP.

Noel

why didnt you say that in the first place rather than the stupid/confusing and not particularly humourous first post?

At least i sort of understand where you was going although sometimes i still think what the chuff have you been smoking (y)

Last edited:
We aren't idiots.

Augusto from Red Dot is the son of the owner of a supplier/producer of performance goods as well as standard parts for vthe automotive industries. He has got a racing back ground on top of it. Power testing, acceleration and deceleration have been part of the work his company was involved with on a permanent basis.

Tony has got more than 30 years background in the industries from testing development and production and has got what it takes to run and evaluate a rolling road professionally.
I didn't say you were idiots. I didn't say you were unprofessional & inexperienced. I said I think there's a factor of human error in that run, it has no reflection on anyone besides they're human. The fact of the matter is professional or not we're all human & no one is perfect. Sometimes we simply make a mistake & some times that is a mistake we never pick up on, but it's just that a mistake that didn't get corrected & nothing more than that.

If you feel that's the genuine output from that engine then believe that, you're free to do that just don't ask me to share that opinion until there is some kind of supporting data. It is my opinion that there's an element of human error & until further evidence, rather than a 3rd party's opinion, is given to me I will continue to have that opinion.

Last edited:
The police have to calibrate their equipment every morning, before they pull you, or the judge and brief, will let you off 'Scot free'.

Wrong.

I was done for ''speeding'' in November 2007, the speedo of the Police car that followed me ''speeding'' was last calibrated in August 2007. This is a common misconception that the Police must calibrate their equipment everyday. For examples sake, when was the last time anybody on here actually calibrated the speedo in their car!?! Does anybody here even know how to do it!?! I certainly don't...

A bit off topic, yes, but hopefully it's informative. For what it's worth I think that RR's are great as a development tool as so many people have already said, but BHP readings from them should be taken with a pinch of salt. All that really matters is how the car ''feels'' to drive, not what a piece of paper tells you it's ''capable'' of.

I have a fair bit of past experience with Pug's and can say that there was often a good -/+10% variation on manufacturer figures and RR figures. It'd be interesting to see the OP make some adjustments to his car, returning it to standard and have it tested on the SAME RR, that'd be the only relevant way of judging the gains given by the modifications.

Last edited:
Through driving the car you can actually sense that it is quick, upto about 60/65 it feels just as fast as my old 1.8 astra, and in some aspects is quicker. It is a very puncy motor and pulls all the way to the red line. Even if the rr isnt showing its true power all that matters is that it feels quick and is a hoot to drive

id check its not a 1242 (easily done, look near the water pump)
also whip off the rocker cover and check what cam is under there.
Might also be worth checking the TB, inlet mani and ports for any work there.

My old cinq put out 55whp and had a fair few mods,i agree with willis, i didnt care about the figures, fact is it was awsome to drive

Wrong.

I was done for ''speeding'' in November 2007, the speedo of the Police car that followed me ''speeding'' was last calibrated in August 2007. This is a common misconception that the Police must calibrate their equipment everyday. For examples sake, when was the last time anybody on here actually calibrated the speedo in their car!?! Does anybody here even know how to do it!?! I certainly don't...
Sorry about your conviction. You needed
a) a good brief, ££
b) to have calibrated your speedo that day
note The local police do (did) calibrate their speedos, daily to use vascar
c) and to be slow enough to be near enough to be legal
The brief would need to have weasel worded the judge and you would have needed to indicate how good your calibration was to the judge... note doing an actual 77 when you know it is actually 77 wont have got you off, more likely 6 points for cheek
The local police used a measured mile for calibration, 60 seconds is 60 MPH, they had painted the local motorway,... and a stopwatch, (part of their vascar kit...) If you have GPS you dont need a measured mile.
Noel

Back