RMS....

Currently reading:
RMS....

Wot is a resonable figure for 6 x 9's when it comes to RMS.....im gonna buy some more 6 x 9's and wanna know which ones wud be good......

I hope this makes sense..im thick ;):I[:eek:)][V]

The Baby With The Brothelmobile

100RMS (300w peak) should do the trick. Mine should be bigger as my amp is spitting out 110RMS per channel. Couldnt resist them at £40 though, so i just turned the gains down :D

stop stop stop :)

right,
RMS power (Route Mean Square) - this is either the continous output of power from an amp, or for speakers their continous power handling.

Peak Power - Power from an amp at a brief instance, often massively over-rated. Shouldn't influence your choice of speaker or amp.

Theres no set RMS figure you should be looking for to buy speakers, unless you know what amp you want.
Generally the higher the RMS figure, the more power they can handle, the safer your choice of speakers will be. However if you then went out and bought a low-powered amp, you'll end up really under-powering the speakers.

Best bet is to choose your amp now, even if you don't buy it now, so that you can choose the best speakers to suit it.

Si.
2.0 20v HGT + Superchip + NOS (soon)

ah you ignorant fools. This be all fizzixy.

Root Mean Square is defined as:

The square root of the mean value of the squares of the instantaneous values of a current, voltage or other periodic quantity during one complete cycle. For a Sine Wave, the rms value is the peak value divided by the square root of 2. [:0]

i'm the jelly baby...twisted jelly baby

It doesn't guaruntee anythin baby sei cos most peak figues are bullsh*t figures to try and sell amps to the nova boys( i know theyre not all bad) of this world

as for 6x9s bout 50w rms plus is generally good havin said that my old alpines were 30w rms and they used to eat 100w rms :s they wre loud and clear, just get the best you can afford and take the advice of a reputable shop

On-Line Wheels - Styling - Performance - Lighting

All Major Credit Cards Accepted
www.domlanemotorsport.com

possibly...tho it was fizzix and compootuz and the bods on the compootuz side were by far the weirdest!

LOL

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">tho it was fizzix and compootuz and the bods on the compootuz side were by far the weirdest!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

... and how did you do on your English?!?

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

NEVER call my English into question!!!!!!!!!

Anyone that knows me knows i have PERFECT English!!!!! :D

just ask Baby....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Time for a slap methinks [8D]

Back