General Right Indicator Stopped working

Currently reading:
General Right Indicator Stopped working

mrnolegs

I have a Punto Mk2b (facelift) model - 2004 reg. For the last couple of days when I try to swtich my right indicators on they don't work at all. There is no usual clicking, they have just stopped working altogether. When I get out of the car and check there is nothing happening and no flashing from any of the right indicators bulbs.

All of the other lights seem to be ok including the left indicators. There is also an orange warning light which comes on on the dash. This is the one which has come on in the past when one of the bulbs went and also when I had a faulty earth connection. I took the right light housing out and cleaned the connections to the bulbs inlcuding the indicator and this solved the problem.

Does anyone know what the problem might be with my right indicators being dead ?

Many thanks,

Last edited:
My first thought would be the flasher relay.
If you put the hazard warning lights on, do the right indicators flash then? If so, defo the flasher relay. Worth swapping for another one before doing too much else.
(the yellow 'bulb out' light comes on because the canbus detects a drop in voltage, because a bulb hasn't lit up, so is a bit of a red herring, because although it's 'right' it's not a bulb, that's gone probably)

Sorry should have asked do you know where the indicator relay is on the Punto ?

When I push the indicator stalk up to turn on the right indicators there is no ticking noise, nothing seems to happen at all. I've had a look where the fuses are but can't work out where the relay is for the indicators. Please can anyone help. I would be really grateful.

Many thanks

I've gone and checked my hazard lights and when I turn them on the right indicators come on as well as the left but the right rear brake light and indicator flashe on and off alternately.

Could this be an earth problem may be ?

I've gone and checked my hazard lights and when I turn them on the right indicators come on as well as the left but the right rear brake light and indicator flashe on and off alternately.

Could this be an earth problem may be ?

Yup, spot on - I have had that before in my Punto. Solved it by cleaning the connection to the car's wiring loom - electrical contact cleaner and some steel wool work wonders!

Back