Technical Reversing sensors ?

Currently reading:
Technical Reversing sensors ?

biggelmo

Hi, I'm considering buying a 2012+ Panda 4x4 and have been researching online on eBay & Autotrader but have noticed that the cars with the optional reversing sensors have them fitted in different places.
Some have 4 sensors with 1 above the reverse and fog lamps and 2 in the black bumper panel.
Some have 4 sensors with 1 in the reverse and fog lamp surround and 2 in the black bumper panel
Some only have 2 sensors in the black bumper panel.
Why is this ?
Was this option fitted at the factory or were they fitted at the dealer ?
Any ideas ?

Some were factory but a lot were dealer. Additionally you have aftermarket fittings. I often think they would be useful as I get older and its more difficult to twist and turn, buit as to drilling holes in my Panda for something that appears to fail a bit more often than I would like, thats a NO. I think the rear view cameras are rather a better option these days,

Not always foolproof, I fitted a set of OEM retrofit sensors after a painful enounter with this... how is this considered acceptable?!

The space itself was only marginally longer than the Panda... and to make matters worse it was on my birthday too 🙄

Attachments

• 20230328_124040_IMG_4247.jpg
    20230328_124040_IMG_4247.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Not always foolproof, I fitted a set of OEM retrofit sensors after a painful enounter with this... how is this considered acceptable?!

The space itself was only marginally longer than the Panda... and to make matters worse it was on my birthday too 🙄
This is a perfect example of even if you are very careful there will always be something out there to catch you out.

I'm still discussing with Fiat about £500 compo for them not fitting rear sensors from the factor. I now have my rear view camera so in some ways it should be good enough

Back