Technical Replacing the Blue and Me unit with the Fiat 500 Blue and Me unit.

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing the Blue and Me unit with the Fiat 500 Blue and Me unit.

lamin

Hi Everyone,

Its been bugging me that my fiat punto evo blue and me software does not support bluetooth media player- It only allows for calls and thats it!

I was wondering, is it possible to replace the blue and me unit with one of the earlier models, which supportS aux connectivity? for example, the Fiat 500 panda has the aux port built in. So, in theory, could I simply replace my current unit with a Fiat 500 blue and me unit?

Do you guys think this could work?

Hi Everyone,

Its been bugging me that my fiat punto evo blue and me software does not support bluetooth media player- It only allows for calls and thats it!

I was wondering, is it possible to replace the blue and me unit with one of the earlier models, which supportS aux connectivity? for example, the Fiat 500 panda has the aux port built in. So, in theory, could I simply replace my current unit with a Fiat 500 blue and me unit?

Do you guys think this could work?
You’ve confused me, later versions of blue and me as well as those on Punto evos also had at times options for aux in, my 2011 Evo had a usb connection that could play music from a phone, or just a 3.5mm audio Jack to play music from an earphone connection on a phone or media player. This without having to try fitting anything from an old car it’s how it came from the factory.

Also the blue and me unit in a car knows what car it belongs to. Pair it with a B&M satnav and you’ll get a picture of your model of car come up in the menu, so no I don’t think you can just swap in bits from an older fiat.

The radios in later fiat cars, as well as blue and me was terrible so my advice would be to ditch the original radio entirely get something more modern

Thanks mate, I ended up giving up on that and just placing a portable bluetooth speaker on the dashboard instead. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Thanks mate, I ended up giving up on that and just placing a portable bluetooth speaker on the dashboard instead. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
No problem, ironically this is essentially what car manufacturers are beginning to do with there cars especially the cheaper ones, I think if you want a “sound system” in your new Fiat Topolino then you get a Bluetooth speaker.

Back