Technical Problem with multiair unit p1320-62

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with multiair unit p1320-62

harutyunyan138

Hello everyone!
I’m sorry for my english. I will do my best!
Like 3 months ago I bought a Fiat Punto Evo 1.4multiair with compression problems. After the diagnostic i found the code P1320-62. I search in google and I found that the the problem is the mutiair unit. So I bought a new one! After the installation the car start very well no problem with compression. But there is the check light which is blinking and p1320-62 always present. I tried to do the UniAir actuator dispersion corrector but each time there is a problem with that. I could do this Saturday morning but there was problem rough idle. After the second try of uniair actuator dispersion corrector the check light is on and the p1320-62 is present!

I hope someone has a solution for me! Thank you!

What scan tool are you using and is it's software up to date?

Look on multi ecu scan forums under the fault code you listed.

Look on multi ecu scan forums under the fault code you listed.
Hello thanks for your reponse! I trued with Alfaobd also with Multiecuscan 4.8. The same problem with the two interfaces! The code p1320-62 is the Uniair module learn problem

Attachments

• IMG_9731.jpeg
    IMG_9731.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
Most common reason for the UniAir actuator dispersion correction failure, is that Engine oil is below 90 oC. Go to the Parameters menu, check Uniair oil temperature and rev engine at 2000rpm, until you get 94-95 degrees. Then quickly go to the Adjustments, and run the dispersion correction again, and it should start. I did this in September here at Greece, when air temp was above 20 degrees and i got 3 failures in a row, until i figured it out. 90+ coolant temp, does not match multiair oil temp, since the sending unit is at the top left part of the head and oil temp drops from dissipation from the metals.

Try this alternative procedure (non-english source).

Conditions: if you did timing belt job it must be performed with proper MultiAir timing kit (locking tools, not "paint marker" method).
Error 1320 must the only one present (no other issues with the car).
You have fairly fresh and correct type of oil.

0. Connect via MES, key "ON" position.
1. Do "Self-adaptation parameters reset" if there is an option (depends on ECU).
2. Do "Replacement of RPM sensor or distribution belt" (or "Phonic wheel learn reset", same procedure, different names).
3. Key "OFF" for at least 60-90 seconds. This might be optional step (you do "key OFF" or start the engine right away).
4. Start the engine and heat it up to 80-90 degrees C (you monitor this in MES, not temperature gauge in the cluster).
5. Do 3 revs above 5000 RPM (or 6000 some say, so try both), 3 seconds each.
6. Engine still runs (idle). Now do "UniAir actuator dispersion correction". Wait if the RPM's are changing (going up/down). There might be some noise coming from the engine, don't worry, wait.
7. Stop the engine. Wait a minute and start. Error (and "Check engine") should go away. If not there is a problem (faulty MultiAir unit, bad timing etc.).

Last edited:
Most common reason for the UniAir actuator dispersion correction failure, is that Engine oil is below 90 oC. Go to the Parameters menu, check Uniair oil temperature and rev engine at 2000rpm, until you get 94-95 degrees. Then quickly go to the Adjustments, and run the dispersion correction again, and it should start. I did this in September here at Greece, when air temp was above 20 degrees and i got 3 failures in a row, until i figured it out. 90+ coolant temp, does not match multiair oil temp, since the sending unit is at the top left part of the head and oil temp drops from dissipation from the metals.
hello! Thank you for your answer I will try it today or tomorrow!

Try this alternative procedure (non-english source).

Conditions: if you did timing belt job it must be performed with proper MultiAir timing kit (locking tools, not "paint marker" method).
Error 1320 must the only one present (no other issues with the car).
You have fairly fresh and correct type of oil.

0. Connect via MES, key "ON" position.
1. Do "Self-adaptation parameters reset" if there is an option (depends on ECU).
2. Do "Replacement of RPM sensor or distribution belt" (or "Phonic wheel learn reset", same procedure, different names).
3. Key "OFF" for at least 60-90 seconds. This might be optional step (you do "key OFF" or start the engine right away).
4. Start the engine and heat it up to 80-90 degrees C (you monitor this in MES, not temperature gauge in the cluster).
5. Do 3 revs above 5000 RPM (or 6000 some say, so try both), 3 seconds each.
6. Engine still runs (idle). Now do "UniAir actuator dispersion correction". Wait if the RPM's are changing (going up/down). There might be some noise coming from the engine, don't worry, wait.
7. Stop the engine. Wait a minute and start. Error (and "Check engine") should go away. If not there is a problem (faulty MultiAir unit, bad timing etc.).
I already did that but the problem is that every time there is a problem!

I have a news! We found many oil in the intake manifold! I think it’s because of the oil pressure regulator! What do you think can it be related with the problem of UniAir dispersion correction ??

Hello everyone! Can someone help me please is it normal that there isn’t any value for Lambda 1 signal (pre-cat.)?

Attachments

• IMG_9793.jpeg
    IMG_9793.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
Back