Technical flashing odometer blue&me not working

Currently reading:
Technical flashing odometer blue&me not working

gweath

Hi I've a 2011 punto evo with the odometer flashing,I went throegh the posts and all say the b+m unit is under the drivers seat,the only conections under the seat turn off the air bag.
what I'm asking is where is the b+m on my car please

Hi I've a 2011 punto evo with the odometer flashing,I went throegh the posts and all say the b+m unit is under the drivers seat,the only conections under the seat turn off the air bag.
what I'm asking is where is the b+m on my car please
I’m guessing the post you found was for a panda.

The Punto has the B&M module right above the glove box when you open the glovebox you can see it if you get your head down and look upwards.

Can be easier to remove if you take the glove box out

The Punto has the B&M module right above the glove box when you open the glovebox you can see it if you get your head down and look upwards.

Thank you Andy I'll have a look today then see if I can get a nother from a scrap yard.

Thank you Andy I'll have a look today then see if I can get a nother from a scrap yard.
Do you know if the module itself is the same on all the models, no evo's in the scrap yards round me?
I am running without the module at the moment ,the odo. is still flashing, I never used it anyway everything else seems to be working so I suppose I can live without it.
Thank you again.

Hi Andy I've taken out the module and am running without it,will that stop the chance of the battery going flat?

Hi Andy I've taken out the module and am running without it,will that stop the chance of the battery going flat?

Acoording to the 500 section

It should break that drain on the electrical circuit

There are people out there who can repair yours

Mine is never used either...
I had a theory that charging smartphones was partly to blame...

From what youve said....maybe not ?

^^^^^ what that man said, thanks Charlie.

I had a theory that charging smartphones was partly to blame...
There are a huge amount of other electronics dying from the early 2000s through to the early 2010s, this is often caused by cheap electrolytic capacitors they deteriorate with age, leak all over boards and cause no end of issues, They can cause faults when they expand even without leaking and can look ok.
This has been dubbed "The Capacitor Plague" I have a sound bar I have replaced just about every capacitor in it, and it was only made in 2014 by Sony, so even respectable brands are guilty of using cheap parts.

My theory is Fiat used cheap parts (which is pretty typical for cheap cars) these are now all getting old and causing all sorts of faults with B&M death being the worst issue. I think this is why companies are springing up able to fix units fairly easily because the fix is usually replacing the capacitors and cleaning any leakage off the board.

I've not been able to get my hands on a failed unit to look at it and prove it, but anyone who is handy with a soldering iron could give the fix ago.

^^^^^ what that man said, thanks Charlie.

There are a huge amount of other electronics dying from the early 2000s through to the early 2010s, this is often caused by cheap electrolytic capacitors they deteriorate with age, leak all over boards and cause no end of issues, They can cause faults when they expand even without leaking and can look ok.
This has been dubbed "The Capacitor Plague" I have a sound bar I have replaced just about every capacitor in it, and it was only made in 2014 by Sony, so even respectable brands are guilty of using cheap parts.

My theory is Fiat used cheap parts (which is pretty typical for cheap cars) these are now all getting old and causing all sorts of faults with B&M death being the worst issue. I think this is why companies are springing up able to fix units fairly easily because the fix is usually replacing the capacitors and cleaning any leakage off the board.

I've not been able to get my hands on a failed unit to look at it and prove it, but anyone who is handy with a soldering iron could give the fix ago.
Pity we are 200miles apart or you could have a look at mine it's sat on the bench

Pity we are 200miles apart or you could have a look at mine it's sat on the bench
I'd suggest posting it, but 1. I have a 1 year old and very little time these days, 2. if that wasn't the fault and it was something I couldn't fix then I could have made it worse for someone who could have fixed it. 3. there are companies about doing these repairs now, pretty quickly.

It would probably just end up sat on a bench 200 miles from its current comfortable bench.

I'd suggest posting it, but 1. I have a 1 year old and very little time these days, 2. if that wasn't the fault and it was something I couldn't fix then I could have made it worse for someone who could have fixed it. 3. there are companies about doing these repairs now, pretty quickly.

It would probably just end up sat on a bench 200 miles from its current comfortable bench.
No problem seeing as I never used it I'm not paying £97 for a repair I'll just live with the flashing odo.
Thanks anyway

Flashing odometer can be fixed with MultiECUScan, just ask someone near you to run a proxi alignment and it will be ok. Whenever you get the Blue&me fixed, do the same procedure again and it will re-connect to to the system.

Back